Keeping Yourself Occupied During The Pandemic

Being stuck inside all the time doesn't have to be the end of the world.

15
Unsplash

The coronavirus has forced us all to stay home and away from friends and family. Obviously, the whole. situation sucks but we are doing what is best for our healthcare workers and those at high risk. Now if you're like me, you are starting to go a little insane and the boredom is killing you. Here's a couple things I've done during quarantine to keep myself sane and productive.

1. Catch up in school

Senior year was kicking my butt. I had no motivation to do any homework or catch up in classes I was behind in. I took one Saturday and worked all day and I was able to catch up in everything I was behind in.

2. Deep clean your room

My room was a disaster. I couldn't see my floor and I had no idea where anything I needed was. Deep cleaning took me a few days but eventually I got it done.

3. Try a new workout routine

With the gyms being closed, I needed to figure out a way to stay active. I found some of Chloe Ting's workouts and I personally love them. I have also been trying to walk at least a mile everyday with my neighbor (from 6 feet apart of course).

4. Binge watch a new TV show

I just started All American two days ago and I am obsessed. It is the perfect thing for me to do at night when I'm done with all my school work and want to relax. I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it yet.

5. Clean your car

When I'm actually in school, I do not have a lot of motivation to get things done. The inside of my car seems to fill up with trash pretty quickly and the outside of my car is covered in green from the pollen falling. It was pleasant to see my car clean and not having it filled up with trash.

Everyone is struggling during this tough time. This pandemic is terrifying and we do not know when it will end. I am trying to better myself and find things to do that will either make my life less stressful or my life more exciting.