Keeping Active in the Winter

Keeping Active in the Winter

Different ways that you can keep active this winter!

26
Keeping Active in the Winter

There are so many easy ways to keep active in the summertime with all of the warm weather. With the weather getting chillier and colder we have to get creative with staying active! I am a person who does not like to exercise in the cold, so here are a few different ways to stay active indoors.

Play Indoor Sports

UNCA offers indoor intramural sports in the winter time. There are a lot of indoor soccer and flag football teams that students can join. Additionally, the school has extra courts that people can use for games and practices. A lot of people have pick up games there throughout the week .

Stairs

If you are like me and don't like to always leave your house then this is a great one for you! You can find so many different exercises you can do on the steps in your house. You can do side lunges up, regular lunges, and high knees. You can take the steps two at a time or run up and down them. These are just a few options, Pinterest has many more.

Home Workouts

This is always a great go to if you can't leave your house due to snow! You can chose from HIIT, Insanity, P90X, and other home workout videos. The other options are some fitness apps that will walk you through exercises, yoga, or meditation.

Go to the Gym

Going to the gym is my favorite part of the day, when I get the time to actually go. It is so relaxing and you feel so refreshed and relaxed after. Exercising helps you feel happy because of the healthy endorphine release.

Snow Exercises

Although this is an outdoor exercise, being outside in the snow is too much fun to miss out on. As we all know, snow is not easy to walk through. It's pretty much like walking in frozen sand. Playing in the snow is not only fun, it offers a healthy workout as well.

Ice Skating

I don't need to say much for this one. Ice skating works out your legs and thighs like crazy!