Oh, You've Never Been In A Sorority? Then You Don't Get To Judge Sorority Girls

Do not judge something unless you've experienced it.

414

I knew I wanted to join a sorority even before I got to college, but I was super anxious. I had heard all of these rumors about hazing, typical sorority girls, you catch the drift. I never realized how wrong people actually were about most sororities these days.

Now, this may not be true for every single sorority, but personally, this is my experience.

Walking into the sorority I would soon be a part of, I felt nothing but genuine sisterhood and compassion. I felt at home. This is one thing you need to stop judging sorority girls for right this instant. Don't say in a high pitched sarcastic tone, "OMG I love my sisters!" You are just degrading the whole organization at heart. In college, you can tend to feel alone and not like you make a difference in the huge student body at hand. Being in a sorority allowed me to completely avoid this loneliness and feel like I actually have a second home here.

SEE ALSO: The Worst Kind Of Sorority Girl

I think it is also important for women nowadays to see other women who are strong, independent, and ultimately good influences right with them. It not only allows for personal growth, but also growth as a chapter.

Also, being able to move out of the storage closet they called my dorm was much needed, especially in order to feel somewhat sane with the hundreds of assignments and events I have going on. It really was necessary for my mental health in a way.

Sororities tend to have a bad rap, but I have done so many positive things already through mine and it is only the second semester of my freshman year.

I have also met so many amazing girls who I know for sure will be my life long friends, sorry guys you're stuck with me now.

All in all, do not judge something unless you've experienced it. You may keep a future sorority girl from joining due to your judgment and negativity, and we all deserve to have a chance at Greek life.