Jess And Gabriel Conte Are A Couple We Should Look Up To
relationships

Celebrity Couples Are Great But Jess And Gabriel Conte Are A Realistic Couple To Look Up To

YouTube sensations, Jess and Gabriel Conte, represent the realistic version of the perfect love story. If you wanna look up to any celebrity couple, it should be them!

6826
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhaufx0l94_/?taken-by=jess

Due to a recent conversation with my best friend, we realized that we, as teenage girls, have celebrity couples that we look up to. Yet, Jess and Gabriel Conte always come up whenever we discuss future relationships. We, as Christian girls, always feel like it is impossible to meet a quality guy who is cute and also loves the Lord. After watching one of their most recent videos, YouTube couple, Jessica and Gabriel Conte, are what I imagine to be the perfect couple and here's why.

Jess and Gabriel on their wedding day, 2016.https://www.instagram.com/p/BRzYO4bgJDi/?taken-by=jess

1. They proved that long distance can work.

Jess, originally from Australia, and Gabriel is from Florida and met Jess when he lived in Los Angeles. Due to a few DM's on Instagram, the couple started dating long distance. For most people, being a few hours away can be difficult, let alone a completely different continent. Jess even spoke about their long-distance relationship by saying, "It was something we both had to think about. We were really blessed in what we do for work that we were able to fly when we wanted to see each other. We managed to see each other quite often for long distance." In many of their earlier vlogs, both Jess and Gabriel document their trips back and forth to Australia and L.A. So, if you think long distance can't work, take it from them. If you put in the effort, you definitely can.

2. God is their #1 in their relationship.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMvoimJAqNV/?taken-by=jess

Aside from fellow YouTubers, Savannah and Cole Labrant, Jess and Gabe are the only mainstream YouTube couple that shows their dedication to their faith. From the start, both of them have loved the Lord and continued that throughout their relationship. Frankly, that's how they met. Jess messaged Gabriel because she saw he was a Christian and he attended Hillsong L.A. where she attended the original Hillsong in Australia. As a young Christian myself, it can be difficult to find someone who actually loves the Lord openly. But, seeing Jess and Gabriel represent this throughout their dating and married life gives me hope and frankly, a little bit of ease, in knowing there is someone out there for me, who will also put God before themselves, especially in our relationship.

3. They aren't rushing into having kids.

Gabe and Jess with their puppy, Milo.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRHXE8DAVuB/?taken-by=jess

Like most young couples, especially on the Internet, after the wedding passes, the first question that everyone asks is, "When are you having children?" However, Jess and Gabe have been very adamant that they do want children, but just not at this time in their life. The only baby they have time for right now is their dog, Milo. I admire this about them though because I do feel like young couples feel this pressure to have kids quickly after the wedding, but for all you couples out there, take your time when discussing children and know that it is totally okay if you can only make time for your pet instead!

4. Laughter fuels their relationship.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSj5pECjiG1/?taken-by=gabrielconte

Through their Youtube channel, it is very obvious that this couple loves to make one another laugh. Gabe, who is more outgoing than Jess, is constantly making old Vine references and playing practical jokes on Jess, like scaring her 24/7. I think everyone wants someone who can make them laugh, but honestly, every time this couple is together, I can notice the happiness in their relationship and that is something I definitely strive for in future relationships.

5. Gabriel supports Jess.

Jess started her Youtube channel from her music and acoustic covers. She is truly gifted with an angelic voice and the talent to play multiple instruments, including piano and guitar. She even convinced Gabriel to start singing himself, which eventually led to a monumental part of their relationship; their music. The couple has three albums, Under the Covers, Under the Covers Volume 2, and Greater. Gabriel supports Jess with her passion and just so happened to bond with her because of that passion.

6. Jess supports Gabriel.

Jess and Gabriel at the premiere for his show, Mr. Student Body President.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcJ1c8RhOU5/?taken-by=gabrielconte

Gabriel moved from Florida to California to pursue his acting career, something that he has been doing since before he even met Jess. Jess has always been fully supportive of Gabe's career by dealing with the long hours, trips away from home, and celebrating the premieres right by his side. Now, I understand that any couple should support one another, but while Jess and Gabe are both in the entertainment business, they both have different schedules and 100% believe in their partner. This is something that I think is so important in a relationship and should not be negotiable. If they don't believe in your dreams, drop them!

7. They don't have to be with each other 24/7.

Gabriel with his best friend, Jacko.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd8puGMh-fU/?taken-by=gabrielconte

While like most couples, they do spend a lot of time together. Both Jess and Gabriel both make time for their friends. Now, you may be thinking this isn't a big deal, but I notice, especially during this day and age when people get into a relationship, they distance themselves from their friends. Obviously, it is great to be friends with your partner's friends, like how Jess is really close with Gabe's friend Jacko, but sometimes it is necessary to step away for a few hours and spend time with people who aren't your significant other.

8. Chivalry isn't dead.

A joke on their Youtube channel, but is actually the truth. Gabe treats Jess like a princess every day. Whether that be something small, like opening her car door, to being the ultimate romantic. I get it if you are someone who isn't really into cheesy, romantic stuff, but make sure your partner treats you how they treated you when they were trying to get you. But, I mean, c'mon look at that caption! How cute is that?

Now, don't get me wrong, I know that every couple has their ups and downs. Yet, I really appreciate Jess and Gabe for their authenticity on camera and off. They show young people, like me, that fairytales may not exist but there is someone out there who will love you so much. So, no matter the distance, no matter how hard it is to find someone who believes your beliefs, there will be someone who you will fall in love with. Finally, thank you, Jess and Gabriel, for being such amazing role models for couples and even, singles, everywhere.