8 Reasons Why The Jersey Shore Is Better Than Any Other Beach

There's nothing better, that's for shore.

90
Lynnsey Kwaak

The Jersey Shore is near and dear to my heart. From annual family vacations to spontaneous road trips with my friends, the Jersey Shore is at the root of some of my happiest memories.

Although the Jersey Shore has a reputation for being "trashy," I remain convinced that it is actually better than most other beaches in the states and here are 8 reasons why.

1. There are a lot of different options of beaches.

The Jersey Shore is such a long stretch of beaches so it only makes sense that you get some variety within that. You have everything from more lowkey beaches like Spring Lake to residential beach areas like Long Beach Island to tourist traps like Point Pleasant Beach.

2. Boardwalks 

New Jersey is known for having some of the most amazing boardwalks ever. Some standouts include Atlantic City and Wildwood. These boardwalks are filled to the brim with so much fun such as mouth-watering food, classic arcades, and aquariums.

3. Food 

The Jersey Shore is home to some of the most iconic foods ever. Just know that you are doing yourself a disservice if you don't get saltwater taffy from the Jersey Shore.

4. It’s super accessible.

The Jersey Shore is the perfect vacation spot because it is super convenient. Not only is it nearby several major national airports, but it is also within driving distance for those who live in neighboring states.

5. There is a lot to do besides going to the beach.

From boardwalks to mini-golf to amusement parks, there are endless possibilities for fun activities down the shore, making it impossible to be bored.

6. Local Boutiques & Cafes 

The Jersey Shore is full of charming boutiques and cafes that are guaranteed to steal your heart. Plus, it is always great to support local businesses!

7. The beaches are actually really clean.

Despite the "trashy" reputation New Jersey has obtained, you would be surprised by how clean we keep our beaches.

8. The vibe is just different.

It's hard to explain and you won't ever really understand what I mean until you pay the Jersey Shore a visit, but something about that first whiff of ocean air just puts you right in your happy place.

There is truly nothing quite like the Jersey Shore. You'll never find classic New Jersey coffee shops and pizza places anywhere else. You'll never know true happiness until you ride your vintage bicycle down Long Beach Boulevard. Or until you wake up at 5:30 am to watch the sunrise on the beach with your best friends. Or until you spontaneously drive down the shore for the day.

Sure, you can spend your life savings on traveling to a tropical island, but why would you do that when you can have the time of your life so much closer to home?