What I'll Miss About High School
Life Stages

What I'll Miss About High School, And Always Remember The Most

Don't blink.

154
Personal photo

I believe high school is not supposed to be the best time of our lives, but it was something special. Nothing will ever compare to the memories and friendships made in the place we called "prison" for 4 years. There were countless times I told myself I couldn't wait to get out and get away from the people that I disliked. I wish I wouldn't have said that so much because now I'm wishing for the days to go slower.

Here's what I'm going to miss about high school...

The Friends

The friends you have in high school are most likely the friends you've had since you were five. I remember walking ten minutes up the road to play with my friend in the summer of 2010. Now, before I know it, in only a few short months it's going to be fall of 2019 and I won't be going back to the same school I've been at for three years and I won't see the same faces that I have seen since kindergarten. I will make new friends and so will they. Although I will have new memories with new people that will become my best friends I will never forget the people I grew up with because they are the ones that helped shaped me.

Sports games

No more Friday nights. No more dressing the theme and putting paint on our faces, acting like we're watching a professional game. No more going out to eat or walking to Dunkin Donuts before heading to a game. At least not a high school game.

Senior nights are the worst because the girls/boys that have played this sport since they were young are going to be playing it for the last time with the people they have played with since they were seven. Some players will go off to blossom in their sport on a college level and others will take a home town job. Wherever they go, whatever they do we will never forget the great memories and evening activities they gave us in high school.

Less responsibility

Did you ever have to buy your own q-tips in high school? Well, I didn't either. My parents just took care of that for me. It is slowly setting in that at some point in my life I am going to have to buy simple living things like paper towels and toothpicks for myself. You really realize you're growing up when you start shopping for the things you relied on your parents to bring home or just never noticed was needed to be bought. It's not just shopping. I am terrified for the first time I get sick and can't call for my mom from the other room to put a blanket on me. Leaving high school is going to kick my ass because I'm not ready to take care of myself.

Prom/Dances

I absolutely love picking out a dress, hairstyle, and make up for an upcoming dance. Guys may find it dumb because all they have to do is comb their hair, put a nice shirt and some nice shoes. For girls, it is so much fun to wake up and pamper yourself, unlike any normal day. We can wear dramatic dresses and dramatic makeup without it being odd. We feel like princesses. Also, they're just fun. I truly enjoyed dancing around in the school cafeteria with my friends and I will miss that.

As much as I want the moments to last, life keeps moving and we can't stop that.

Years from now I hope my best friends are married and have kids. I hope the quiet girl in my democracy in action class finds her voice and becomes something great. I hope the girl that I saw crying with her friends in the school bathroom is happy. I wish nothing best for the people I graduated high school with because we all know the day we walk down that aisle and throw our hats may be the last time we see each other.