It Is Okay To Be A Single Girl In College

You don't need no man.

283

For some reason lately it seems like every college aged girl is obsessed with wanting and needing a boyfriend. I'm not going to lie, I'm guilty of this from time to time too. However, ladies it is almost 2018, it is perfectly okay to be single.

Sure, it is perfectly fine to have a boyfriend too and be in a committed relationship. But you don't need a boyfriend to find happiness and have fun. Finding a boyfriend won't magically fix everything and make you happy.

You have to work on yourself and find happiness with yourself and the things around you. A boyfriend and a relationship should build on that happiness, not be the only thing bringing you happiness.

So, here is your reminder for 2018 that you do not need a man to do things or be happy. You don't need a boyfriend to go see a movie, go to dinner or anything else. Grab your closest girl friends or even do it by yourself.

Take a break from Tinder swiping and stop obsessing over a boyfriend and relationships. The best advice I got recently was that love will find you when you're ready and when you least expect it. I'm still waiting for it to find me, but learning to stop search obsessively and be about myself has been amazing.

Learn to love yourself first. Carrie Bradshaw from "Sex and the City" said it best. You have to love yourself and be okay with being single. You don't need someone to constantly give you attention or a boyfriend to obsess over. You're great the way you are and on your own. Stop obbessing and thinking you need someone in your life. It will come to you when you're ready.