Is Using Digital Patient Forms Helpful for the US Hospitals and Clinics?

Digitizing your patient forms provides an ease to patients. To digitalize the information collection process of your clinic, you can contact Veerchual.

6
Patient-forms
Patient-forms

Using technology in the healthcare industry can provide great results. It can not only enhance the experience of patients but doctors as well. Patients can fill out the forms easily through their smart devices and doctors can access these forms from anywhere. This works like an automated medical assistant as doctors can provide prescriptions after seeing the medical record of patients. Moreover, using digital patient forms is secure too.

If you are running a hospital or clinic, you register patients based on the information they provide. This not only includes their medical history but personal information as well. Well, if you are using physical paper forms to collect patients’ information, then you are taking a risk as storing information on paper forms is not secure. Physical forms can be accessed by anyone which means that the information they carry can be misused.

But what to do then? Without collecting patient information, you can neither diagnose them nor provide treatment accordingly. Well, no one is against collecting patient information. It is a very important part to provide quality care to a patient. Without knowing the medical history of the patient, you can not help him/her. You just need to change the way of collecting patient information. You can use digital forms for patient screening. They are not only secure but reliable as well.

Digital Patient Forms are Efficient

The use of paper forms is a matter of the past. Now, you need to use digital forms to collect patient information. They deliver an exceptional patient experience that is convenient for them and efficient for your clinic or hospital. In this digital world, patients are bored of the manual processes of the hospitals and clinics. They do not wait long for their turn while sitting on the frightening benches of your hospital or clinic. This is why they like to go to healthcare providers that digitize their healthcare journey.

Therefore, you should shift from manual processes to digital ones inside your hospital or clinic. This is as good for your staff as it is for your patients. The staff of your clinic or hospital has to collect the information from the patients. Well, this is not it for them as they have to transcribe each patient form into the files accordingly. On the other hand, digital patient forms offer a better experience to your staff as well. They improve the efficiency of workflow which improves the productivity of your clinic or hospital. Let’s see how they are efficient:

Offers Self-Scheduling

Many patients these days have an opinion that self-scheduling is more convenient. This allows them to get a time of appointment that suits them. So, if you want patients to choose your clinic or hospital for regular check-ups and other treatments, then you should offer this facility to them. They can book appointments easily through their smartphones and reach the clinic or hospital on time.

Virtual Assistance

Some patients can not come to the hospital for checkups. The only way to provide healthcare to them is through virtual assistants. By using electronic medical records, you can provide this facility to every patient that is unable to come to your hospital or clinic. EMR is like an automated medical assistant that virtually assists your patients without making them wait long.

Secures Patient’s Information

Securing the patient information from getting misused is your responsibility. Surely, this can not be done when you are collecting information from patients on paper forms. So, it is better to use digital forms as they are reliable and secure. Unlike paper forms, no one can access digital forms as they are accessible to authorized persons only.

Improves WorkFlow

Efficient workflow is the key to improved productivity and better patient care as well. The use of digital forms for patient screening improves the workflow of your clinic or hospital. Your staff does not have to waste any time transcribing the physical paper forms. They can utilize that time to improve patient care.

Improves Quality of Care

Improving the quality of care is very crucial for the reputation of your hospital or clinic. Patient care is the primary goal of every hospital or clinic. Providing good quality of care to patients helps in improving their mood which results in improving their health. By using digital forms, you can improve the quality of care.