10 Signs You May Have Peaked In High School

"I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling old and irrelevant."

6684

I was told college would be the best four years of my life. Constant partying, no responsibilities, the chance to reinvent myself. What’s not to like? While this definitely is true, it’s a little more complicated than that. If you relate to more than half of these, chances are you peaked in high school too!

1. You talk about your friends from home and all the funny memories you had through the years WAY too often.

Let’s face it, the stories are never as funny when you try to explain it to people that were never there or even know the specific friends you’re talking about. But nonetheless, we continue to talk about them in hopes that maybe just one person will get it and laugh along.

2. A nap is essential before going out every night.

You’d think after years of partying we’d be pros “can’t stop won't stop partying,” but that’s definitely not the case. Napping is definitely a must.

3. When you head home for breaks, one of the first people you text is one of your old high school teachers to catch up.

Is it weird to text your past social studies teacher to set up a time to visit? Probably (definitely). But, they helped you get into that dream college in the first place. It only feels right to check in when you’re back home.

4. "Sweatpants, hair tied, chilling with no makeup on" is now the definition of your life.

All those years of hair straightening and urban decay eyeliner wearing have been a waste. Too many years of trying to look good in high school = zero effort when it comes to getting ready for college classes.

5. When you can’t keep partying, you turn to the “back in high school” excuses to justify your lameness.

I don’t know how else to excuse the inability to rally other than saying that some of us just went way too hard, way too early in life.

6. You actually miss taking the SAT/ACTs.

Weren’t the days of effortless straight A’s some of the best. Now, 6 hours of studying a day is a normal thing and even then, when people ask how schools going, the only way to describe your GPA is “academically in the gutter”.

7. Having constant weekend plans isn’t as much fun anymore.

Half the fun of parties in high school was hiding it from mom and dad. Now that “Delta Airlines Kappa-chino Sigmund Freud Omega” is throwing down every thirsty Thursday why party as hard?

8. You get out into the real world and introducing yourself using your nickname isn’t socially acceptable anymore.

There have been countless times that new friends have said my first name and its taken 30+ seconds to realize they’re talking to me.

9. Getting the extra pepperoni on your Domino's pizza doesn’t seem to be an option anymore.

Freshman fifteen feels more like a freshman fifty when you get to college! That fast metabolism you always bragged about is nowhere to be found once organized sports end and late night eating begins.

10. That “I’m going to be famous,” mentality has gone out the window.

Remember when we thought the sky was the limit? Now that reality has hit you like a ton of bricks, it's time to decide A) join the business school like your parents said to or B) sell your organs on the black market to pursue your acting career

After considering everything, I can say that telling people I peaked in high school seems like an understatement and chances are you have to! Not to fear, we’ll both “peak” again soon but until then, welcome to the club!