7 Instagram Accounts Of Powerful Women You Should Follow

We all have those days where we need to just feel some lady love from our fellow women!

113

Women supporting women is the most amazing feeling. I follow so many Instagram accounts of women who make me feel empowered and I wanted to share that with you all!

Nazanin Mandi

This queen is a model, singer, actress and feminist icon. She's confident in her sexuality and she unabashedly showcases her love for her future hubby and R&B artist, Miguel. Most importantly though, she posts motivational and inspirational Instagram stories of female empowerment.

Jameela Jamil

Jameela Jamil is a British actress currently starring on the Emmy Award Winning comedy, The Good Place. However, beyond that, she is a body positive advocate. After struggling with an eating disorder, she founded the I Weigh movement where women post about how much they weight in their success. For example, I Weigh an undergrad education, IB Diploma, a whole family and amazing friends.

Jenna Kutcher

Jenna Kutcher is a successful Business woman and an Aerie model. On her instagram, she shares about body positivity and what it's like being a curvy woman married to a man with six-pack abs in a society where they tell us this image is wrong. She is also admirably honest with her followers about her burdening struggles to become pregnant. Fun fact, she's very very pregnant right now and things are going great so congrats to her and her hubby!!!

Nikita Gill

Nikita Gill is a poet with over three books filled with her powerful words. She constantly writes about the strength of women, and you can feel the power in her words when you read them. Check out her book Fierce Fairytales: & Other Stories to Stir Your Soul where she puts a modern twist on classic fairytales, where princesses are their own saviors.

Trace Lystette

Trace Lysette is a model and actress who is openly transgender and spreads awareness of trans models and trans rights. Most recently she has been incredibly vocal about Victoria's Secret's blatant disrespect for trans and plus-sized women. Trace constantly inspires women to be their most authentic self, which she emulates completely.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is the U.S. Representative of the 14th Congressional District of New York. She's one of the youngest women ever elected into Congress and her fight has not been an easy one. Through her instagram, I have been able to be with her through every step of her political journey. Her persistence and ambition are inspirational to me and women all over the United States who are constantly told that they are not good enough.

SHETHORITY

The women of DCTV created SHETHORITY as a homage to the many conversations they have had about the strifes they've experienced as women. They created this Instagram page and website to be a space where women all over the world can share their experiences and hear from others.

Next time you start to doubt yourself, remember that there is a whole group of women who are there to stand by your side and lift you up that you don't even know about.