The Best Quotes From Famous Women For Your Instagram Caption

10 Empowering Quotes From Famous Women That Are Perfect For Your Instagram Captions

Let's be honest, "Get busy living or get busy dying" has been used one too many times by now.

145

Let's face it: having famous quotes for your Insta captions can be fun, but our favorites are so overused. Like "Get busy living or get busy dying?" Come on, we all see that one at least four times a week in the summer. "Success is no accident?" Yes, we get it, you Googled "famous quotes" and this one popped up. We all started using them to make our pictures stand out, but now they just get buried along with the thousands upon thousands of pictures that use the exact same quote. Want to stand out again? Want to use some lesser-known quotes from some fantastic women? Here are ten that you can use to make your pictures pop.

1. "The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision."

YouTube- Helen Keller

Involved in political activism? This may be the caption for you.

Helen Keller, best known for overcoming her blindness and deafness with the assistance of her teacher, was a strong political activist for causes such as women's rights, suffrage, and equal rights for the disabled. Many of her famous statements, such as this one, point out the importance of becoming active in your community by helping others.

2. "Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace."

YouTube- Amelia Earheart

Are you an avid rock climbed who snapped a picture at the top of a serene mountain? Try this line from Amelia Earheart's poem on courage!

3. "Cautious, careful people always casting about to preserve their reputations can never effect a reform."

YouTube- Susan B Anthony

Whether you go by the books when inciting change or you're a total anarchist, Susan B Anthony's quote on causing reform could be that perfect finishing touch for your Insta caption.

4. "When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful."

YouTube- Malala Yousafzai

If you're standing alongside your teachers and professors in the march for better funding, or if you're pushing for more equal education opportunities across socioeconomic backgrounds, this quote from the youngest Nobel prize laureate should fit your progress photos perfectly. Malala Yousafzai has worked tirelessly to combat poverty, illiteracy, terrorism, and unequal education opportunities even after being shot at the age of fifteen for her efforts.

5. "The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me."

YouTube- Ayn Rand

Living her life as an objectivist, Ayn Rand was one to never back down. While her beliefs may have been a bit extreme for some, her core philosophy in the nearly 1,400 page "Atlas Shrugged" can resonate with most anyone: man's "highest moral purpose is the achievement of his own happiness, and that he must not force other people, nor accept their right to force him, that each man must live as an end in himself and follow his own rational self-interest." Have a tricky, difficult, or weird situation you're going to face? Combatting stereotypes and forging your own way through life? Snap a picture and go for it with this caption!

6. "Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim."

YouTube- Nora Ephron

Nora Ephron's view on life is one that all women—all people, in actuality—should follow. Having the power to work through life and "save" yourself from impending troubles is an invaluable tool, so don't hesitate to show your strength with this short yet powerful quote.

7. "When you embrace your difference, your DNA, your look or heritage or religion or unusual name, that's when you start to shine."

YouTube- Bethenny Frankel

Very few people consider themselves to look perfect, and many others tend to pick at even the tiniest of flaws. Bethenny Frankel, however, takes a different approach to beauty. Whether it's your first selfie without a filter or you're showing off one of your not-so-common traits, you're bound to shine with this caption.

8. "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

Pixabay- Marilyn Monroe

Known for her beauty and incredible self-confidence, Marilyn Monroe had embraced what she disliked about herself and turned them into useful tools. Whether you're posting a normal selfie, a group picture with your silliest friends, or anything else, Monroe's quote will undoubtedly fit.

9. "The work of today is the history of tomorrow, and we are its makers."

YouTube- Juliette Gordon Low

If you're anything like Juliette Gordon Low, you'll likely agree that making a positive difference in the lives of children is vital for a successful future. Perfect for teachers, volunteers, counselors, and political activists, this caption will make your hard work known.

10. "Fearlessness is not the absence of fear. It's the mastery of fear. It's about getting up one more time than we fall down."

YouTube- Arianna Huffinton

Are you strong? Struggling? Conquered a mountain? Faced a big, scary spider and didn't back down until it was gone? Do you refuse to give up in the face of fear? Don't be afraid to follow Arianna Huffington's lead and tell people that being fearless doesn't really mean being free of fear.