15 Very Insta-Worthy Photo Ideas For Summer

Everyone who has an Instagram, or any social media, really, always strives to make their feed or all of their photos perfect for their followers to see. Most of the time, that isn't the case, though: not everyone has time to make aesthetically-pleasing photos or to invent a unique theme that screams "them" to the world, and you always have to make sure that it's the perfect thing to post, too.

Well, I'm here to tell you to stop thinking that way right now because you should post anything and everything you want regardless of theme or aesthetic-level, because I have ideas that will make your account stand out anyways. Summer is the time where nights seem endless and possibilities can be found just about anywhere, and this definitely includes making posting to your Instagram a fun time instead of a grueling and stressful task. Take these following pictures as inspiration, or copy them exactly, because I may just do the same for mine.

Be one with nature.

✧ insta \\ @hearty.n.healthy ☾ Follow us on Instagram or visit www.spasterfield.com for more Summer vibes, summer beach photography, A… | THINGS I LOVE | Summer photography, Teen photo shoots, Teen photography

www.pinterest.com

When I found this I thought it was super cool and creative. Instead of a typical "day at the beach" pic, try sitting right in front of a palm tree and making sure the photographer aligns your spine with the center of the tree- it captures the sun and your amazing figure!

Add some doodles to a seemingly simple photo.

Just those aesthetic instagram stories photo ideas story ig hacks instagram story photograph ideas | Snapchat | Tumblr photography, Instagram story, Photography

www.pinterest.com

This could just be a picture capturing cool ripped jeans, converse and a bomb sunset, but what makes it even more dreamy is the white doodle stars that are hand-drawn across the sky. Take a photo like this one and make it pop with some fun doodles to make your pic stand out in anyone's feed.

Utilize sand art... seriously.

Instagram photo ideas for summer at the beach - Mermaid in the sand idea - zeeme

www.pinterest.com

Even if you aren't the best artist (such as myself), try your best to draw something fun, like a mermaid tail, in the sand for you and a friend and then lay in it to pretend you actually are one! It makes for such a cute and playful photo, and odds are none of your followers are going to try this right off the bat.

Take a fun (but safe!) pic on an amusement ride.

Pin by John on Things to wear | Summer pictures, Photography, Fair pictures

www.pinterest.com

Obviously it should go without saying that you should keep your arms and legs inside any ride at all times, and you can still do that while taking a super cute pic for "the gram." Have a friend take a candid on a fast ride or even pose on the ferris wheel- either way, you're taking advantage of the moment and capturing memories in the process.

Side mirrors aren't just for driving...

What to pack on your road trip

www.pinterest.com

Whether you're taking a road trip with friends or just heading to the mall, take advantage of the late night sunsets and have your friend in the backseat pose while you look into the side mirror. It's such a cool perspective to look at, and of course, you have to be in the passenger seat for this one. Just remember to keep your seatbelts on!

Become the silhouette.

40 Fun Senior Year Picture Ideas Describing the Adventurous Wait

www.pinterest.com

So you don't have to travel far and hang onto a lamppost to take a silhouette picture... just make sure you're in the right light at sunset and make the dreamiest (or silliest) pose.

Invest in the not-so-typical pool pic.

Best summer pool floats available at alwaysfits.com | Summer-time Entertaining! | Summer pictures, Summer photography, Best friend pictures

www.pinterest.com

Nothing is sadder than when pool floats drift away from each other naturally... okay, so I may be exaggerating, but I think this would be a really funny picture to post for your feed. Life seems perfect on Instagram, and this would be one of "the realest" posts to be seen by anyone on there.

Okay, so there is room for one basic photo.

Boise Senior Photographer // Makayla Madden Photography // Senior Pictures // Senior Photography // Senior Phot… | SENIORS | MAKAYLA MADDEN PHOTOGRAPHY | 4th of july photography, Summer senior pictures, Sparkler pictures

www.pinterest.com

It's no secret that everyone wants to take a picture with sparklers to celebrate the Fourth of July, but the key to making it different from all the others is to make it stand out from the crowd. For this, try focusing on the sparkler and making the rest of the picture blurry (try "Portrait" mode for iPhones or use the Facetune app that has a feature for this), and you'll be sure to succeed.

A seriously not-so-serious airport pic.

STORMIE 🌊 on Instagram: “rip summer 2018 ✈️” | insta ideas | Bff pictures, Best friend photos, Best friend pictures

www.pinterest.com

Whether it be with a sibling, cousin, or friend, make waiting for a flight a good time by having an impromptu photoshoot. Even something simple like another person giving you "a look" and you're staring right into the camera lens, it just makes for a really funny but totally relatable travel picture.

Candid concert photos are the way to go.

qotd: fav city? fc: 627 Everyone you meet Has something to teach you . Comment "" to be in my tag list #tumblr #aesthetic #aethetictumbl… | photography | Photography, Instagram, Summer

www.pinterest.com

If you're like me, you have a blast at any concert you go to. Live in the moment and have your concert buddy take a picture during a favorite song or you just freaking out and having fun. Yet again, this makes for such a real photo and it shows how you're enjoying these summer memories.

Share that you don't abide by the "no eating for 30 minutes before going into the pool" rule.

Pin by ☆ lexi ☆ on ☆pose ☆ | Summer vibes, Summer pictures, Summer photography

www.pinterest.com

This pic may go against everything you believed in as a child, but this could make for a relatable and fun post. Whether it be fruit or a freshly grilled cheeseburger, eating while swimming is just simply rebellious.

Take a couple picture the "old-fashioned" way.

50 Bae Quotes

www.pinterest.com

If you go to a carnival or amusement park this summer (which you definitely should try to at least once), there will most likely be a photo booth to take a photo strip pic in like the one above. Even if you have to drag them, take your S.O. into it and make some silly and cute poses. Once the strip develops instantly, take a photo of that in front of the backdrop of all the rides- it makes for a very summery post.

Make a nice hairdo, pose in front of a sunset and let the camera do the rest.

Learn More about Growing on Instagram | social media photography promotion | tumbl… | Instagram Photography | Picture Ideas | Filter Photography | VSCO | Summer pictures, Summer photography, Summer photos

www.pinterest.com

Even if the "nice hairdo" is a messy bun, pose in front of a sunset with the photographer facing behind you. It's a very tranquil kind of photo and captures the beauty of dusk in summertime.

Dance in the rain... literally.

Summer Smile | Prom pictures | Rain Photography, Summer rain, Love rain

www.pinterest.com

I have to admit that I even want to try this this summer... after a really hot day (or couple of days in a row), take advantage of a rainy day and run outside with no shoes and a full sundress/outfit on and feel refreshed. Tell your photographer to grab the umbrella, because a candid in the rain can be something awesome to liven up your feed... just make sure you shower after the fact, though.

Embrace the-sun-streaming-from-your-window views.

Embedded | Eye | Photography, Tumblr photography, Photos tumblr

www.pinterest.com

No matter what eye color you have (yes, brown eyes, I'm taking to you), it will definitely pop once you position one of your eyes right in the sunlight and the other in the shade that your blinds make over your window. It's such an artsy kind of selfie to make, and you'll have plenty of time to catch the perfect one with these late sunsets.