January 20th was a day of transitions for the United States. It received the attention of people across the world. January 21st was a day of perseverance for the nation. It too received the attention of people across the world. On January 20th, fewer people attended than what was expected. On January 21st, many more attended than what was expected. January 20th was the presidential inauguration. January 21st was the Women's March. The day after Donald Trump became President of the United States, millions of people took to the streets in support of women's rights, racial justice, LGBTQ rights, and a multitude of other causes. People marched in Chicago, in Cape Town, in Los Angeles, in London, in Arizona and Antarctica. They marched for themselves, for their friends, for their family, for their neighbors, for their peers. And with them, they carried signs. These signs represented their frustration, their hope for the future, and their freedom of speech. Here are some, of millions, that truly stood out.
A clever twist on Khia's famous song
2. "Love not hate makes America great"
The true way that slogan should go
3. "Grow a pair" *written over an image of a uterus
A classic saying, but instead, focusing on the power of women
Fighting for all generations
5. "Super callous, fascist, racist, extra braggadocios"
"Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!" - Marry Poppins
6. "I do not like you down my shirt. I do not like you up my skirt. I do not like you near my rump. I do not like you Mr. Trump"
The grown-up version of Dr. Seuss
7. " Think before you tweet"
A simple, but important lesson
A reminder to not "fight fire with fire"
9. "Here's to strong women. May we know them, may we be them, may we raise them. Today we march in solidarity"
The reason we march
The power of words, no matter the language
Marching for the next generation
12. "Stronger together"
A true representation of America
13. "Marched 40 years ago for: women's equality and reproductive rights. Still here!"
Never stop marching for what is right
14. "I'm with them"
A united front
A reminder to us all
So keep on marching, keep on sharing powerful signs, and keep on fighting for what you believe in.
And if you're looking for more, watch this group of women inspire us all.