Instead Of Finding An SO, Find Yourself

Enter A Committed Relationship With Yourself in 2019

Fall in love, be brokenhearted, rediscover.

135

When was the last time you had time for yourself?

When you weren't feeling the pressure of school, or work, or the need to be social?

When was the last time you got to take an hour or two to listen to favorite songs and play favorite games?

Life is fast-paced, and if you're like me and are a part of this upcoming, incredibly stressed, and hectic generation, self-care, and mindfulness probably comes as a second priority for you.

Once the fog and glitter of the New Year clears, make the promise to devote 2019 to yourself. If you've been missing friends and family in your life, consciously make the effort to say 'yes'. If it's been the opposite and you're going into the new year burned out, stay in with a favorite movie and order your favorite takeout- or learn how to cook comfort food!

If you've been struggling with mental health, look into the proper help- therapy, medicine, and stress reduction can and will help.

Go on solo dates to the movies, the park, with your favorite playlist and some earphones. Make a visit to the local shelter to play with the dogs and cats if that's your thing. Above all, don't ever feel pressured to do these activities with someone else if you don't want to. There's a stigma that exists today that seemingly tells people that it's not okay to do things alone, and this needs to change. Being independent and having this time to think about what is troubling you and what you can do to get better will help you become a more positive significant other, friend, daughter or son.

In the words of Ariana Grande, teach yourself love, patience, and learn from the pain, because 2019 is the year of you.