Alriiiiiight 2019! - Linda
1. Don't stress that you didn't get an "A" in that insanely hard class you took this year
Emailing and running to the professor who didn't round up your 89.7% up to an "A" after doing everything in your power, and all those extra credit assignments. *sighs*
It's in the past now, it's gonna be a new year and you'll work even harder now to secure that next "A".
Spoiler alert, you'll be fine, will you be thinking about this class in 15 years to come? Heck no, you'll be too busy relaxing on a beach, taking a vacation from your super successful job.
2. Appreciate all those little things your parents did for you this year
https://goo.gl/images/hj74UMThe more you grow up, and start paying for most things, taking care of yourself, cooking, cleaning, and so much more. You come to really appreciate every little thing your parent does for you every day. Even if it's just that little text message every now and then, or sending you a few bucks randomly. Try to say thank you more in 2019!
3. Don't do those crazy fad diets, they won't last
You don't have to just drastically change your diet once the New Year starts, and only eat Kale for breakfast lunch a and dinner. I think a great overall mindset of consistently wanting to better yourself emotionally and physically over time is a great foundation to have. Also, surround yourself with people that are doing the same, you will be set.
4. It's already almost 2019, are you ready to be one year closer to "adulting"?
Do you have a job lined up after college? How many places have you interned for? What's your GPA?
How triggered are you after reading those? Despite Tina's face in this gif, it will be all okay, no matter what path you are taking, YOU GOT THIS TRUST ME!
5. It's okay if 2019 isn't filled with dollar signs, you can still have fun as a poor college student, we're all in this together
Maybe in 2019, you will be slightly less poor than in 2018! Positivity! Nevertheless, you and your friends are all in the same boat, the boat might be sinking slowly, but hey have fun on the way down.
6. Just go with your friend that has been begging you to do Karaoke at the local bar for New Years Eve
This past year I have personally tried to continuously branch out and explore new things that are out of my comfort zone. And through this mindset, I have met so many amazing people, even if you don't initially want to go, push yourself, go do something out of your comfort zone in 2019.
7. Trust your gut (or cat) and let go of those toxic people in your life
Going into 2019 drop all those people in your life that are bringing you down, surround yourself with friends that are challenging you and pushing you to be the best person you can be.
8. Get ready to absolutely kill this New Year!
Yes this is the time to make 2019 your bitch. Say thanks to 2018, for the lessons learned, and tell 2019 to watch out.
9. Then get excited about being reunited with all your friends to start the New Year!
Leaving school and going home to see your families is always relaxing and necessary but then after the first week of being home, you already get excited about going back to school, getting in the swing of things and seeing all your buddies and see what 2019 has in store for all you hooligans.
10. Throw around some compliments more, let all your loved ones know you appreciate the heck out of them
I think compliment people exactly as Bob did in this picture, I don't need to expand further here, you can't go wrong.