4 Reasons You Should Always Have A Creative Friend On Speed-Dial

Whether you have a creative friend or you are the creative friend, sometimes they can be under-appreciated or overlooked.

31
Kerrington Maner

As a creative person with several creative friends, I'm here to share 4 reasons why you should always have one.

1. They can help you design awesome tattoos.

Hebrew word for "lion" tattooed on my arm.

Kerrington Maner

Whether it's through an offhand conversation or through an intentional session, creative friends can often help you expand on initial tattoo ideas. I found this out through a conversation with one of my incredibly creative friends who helped me conceptualize further an idea for a full-sleeve tattoo (that I won't get for a while — currently just daydreaming about it!).

2. They can turn random accomplishments into raving resume skills.

Kerrington Maner

Creative friends can turn "Started campus organization" into "Attended Student Government hearing in order to advocate for the establishment of a new club on campus." Boom. Let your creative friend have a go at your resume and thank them later.

3. They can lead you to a lightbulb moment by offering creative solutions to problems you're stuck in.

Ed Maner

Having another perspective on life and different situations is always incredibly important, and it's especially helpful when the new set of eyes is from a creative friend. Many times, they can offer new help or solutions to a problem that it seems like you're completely stuck in.

4. They can give incredibly creative, thoughtful gifts.

I created a Photography Portfolio for my dad's birthday. As an avid amateur photographer, my dad really appreciated this gift.

Kerrington Maner

Speaking from the perspective of the creative friend, we tend to seep creativity into every area of our lives, including our relationships and friendships. I always enjoy giving creative, thoughtful gifts rather than those that are expensive or "name-brand." I always enjoy the challenge that comes with giving creative gifts, and I find it more fun than just buying a coffee mug or something.

If, after reading this, a particular friend hasn't come to your mind, you might want to think about looking for a creative friend! They're absolutely worth it. :)