Importance of a Bucket List

Importance of a Bucket List

Make your life the best it can be! Start with making a bucket list, no matter how small or how big of the goal - it's a start!

76
Importance of a Bucket List

What's the last time you really wanted to go out and do something? Something that would make you really happy to accomplish?

Sometimes I get wrapped up in the daily “to do" lists and forget about doing the things that enrich my own life. Instead of doing the things we want to do, we stick to the things we need to do. A way to accomplish some of these things is to make a bucket list.

So what are some things you want to accomplish before you die? Think of some things that you're scared to do or you wouldn't normally do. If you're scared of heights maybe try something that will test that fear, all while having fun. Pushing ourselves will test the things we like and let us explore the things might love (and maybe hate, life isn't perfect).

Things as little as learning how to make home-made pies or large things like traveling to China can go onto the list. Anything and everything can go onto the list; checking off that accomplishment makes it even a bigger accomplishment. The point of a bucket list is to focus on the happiness that life can bring you. Always working towards what will make you happy to be alive, every second of it. Do you like the person you are? Then great! You can become even happier. But if you have some room in your life for more love, this is a great place to start.

Life is very short and time really does fly past us. I am a freshman at college right now and I feel as if I just graduated high school yesterday. I have some regrets from freshman year, that I didn't do all the things I wanted to do. So from now on I am living life to the fullest and creating that bucket list. Along with any items, big or small, I'll be working to cross off everything on my bucket list!

Some things on my bucket list:

1. See my sisters walk down the aisle at their wedding
  2. Travel over the grand canyon in a helicopter
  3. Go whale watching in Hawaii
  4. Go to a championship college basketball game (preferably while Iowa State is in it, *crosses fingers*)!
  5. Hang glide
  6. Donate my hair
  7. Meet the Kardashians (sorry not sorry)
  8. Start a blog
  9. Cliff Dive
  10. Start a garden