If You're Going Through A Difficult Time Right Now, Then This Is For You

Here's my goal with this article: If you're going through a hard time right now, if you're struggling with something, then I dedicate this article to you. We all could be dealing with so many different things, so I'm going to list some things based on different sections, that maybe some of us might need to hear right now, and to be reminded that you are not alone.

190
Everypixel.com

If you're dealing with a loved one passing away.

• You will heal when you're ready to, not when they say you should. One of my best friends always tells me, "healing isn't linear." You might one day take 5 steps forward, and then take 10 steps back the next day. You heal at your pace and on your timeline, but as long as you're truly healing and not just distracting yourself.
  • It's okay to miss them. It's okay to cry, and it's okay to laugh. It's okay to smile when you think of them. It's okay to function and continue living your life. Trust me, that is what they want for you. They don't want you to stop living. It's okay to be angry, thankful and have hope. I promise you, it's okay.
  • "Grief is like the ocean; it comes on waves ebbing and flowing. Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming. All we can do is learn to swim". — Vicki Harrison
  • It's hard changing your life. It's hard picking up the pieces and starting all over again. It's hard getting your mind together after you've gone through a life shaking experience, whatever that may be. But with God by your side, you can accomplish hard. With God, you can weather the storm. You will come through this.
  • Although I know that no words can ease the loss you feel, just know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

If you're dealing with depression, stress and/or anxiety.

• First thing's first: Breathe. Just breathe. Understand that nothing has gone wrong; you need to trust the process. I'll be the first to admit, I spend an insane amount of time wondering if I'm doing it right. At some point, I just have to remind myself that I'm doing my best, and that's enough.
  • You are so much more and much bigger than what is making you anxious and what's stressing you out. Most of your stress comes from the way you respond, not the way life is. So, adjust your attitude and change how you see things. Look at the good in all situations. Take the lessons and find new opportunities to grow.
  • Keep going. No matter how stuck you might feel, no matter how bad things might seem right now. No matter however many days you've spent crying, or how hopeless and depressed you feel. No matter how many days you've spent wishing things were different- I promise you, you won't feel this way forever, so keep going.
  • A year from now, everything you're stressing about won't mean a thing. Be thankful, smile more, spend more time with family and don't stress the small things. This is our one chance at life. Don't let anyone or anything take away your happiness.
  • Everything will be so good so soon, just hang in there and don't worry too much. Trust in the plan and path for your life. Be patient and stay humble. Keep moving forward and know that all this hard work you're putting in day and night will produce amazing results. Your time is coming. Don't give up.

If you're struggling with a breakup.

• You're strong, remember that. Grow from the things that people would expect to break you. Wipe your tears, pick yourself up and prove those people wrong. Become someone no one thought you could be, not even you.
  • People have been telling me recently, "Wow, you're just glowing!" And it took me awhile to truly grasp what they meant and then one day it hit me. I was like, "Yeah, I am, because I'm happy." You glow differently when you're actually happy. Don't ever let anyone dull out your light.
  • I heard someone say recently, "One of the most painful things is being told you deserve better by the person refusing to be better for you." My response to that is, "Yes, you're right, that is painful, but you want to know what's even more painful? Hanging on to that person in hopes that they'll change." There is someone out there who is going to actually give you that better. Never settle for less than what you deserve, because you deserve what you tolerate.
  • When something bad happens, you have three choices: One, you can either let if define you. Two, you can let it destroy you. Or three, you can let it strengthen you. Personally, I chose and will always choose choice three.
  • Give people time. Give people space. Don't beg anyone to stay. Let them roam. What's meant for you will always be yours. And if it's not, remember, not everyone you lose is a loss and what's coming is much better than what's been.

If you're having a hard time with things involving school or work.

• God's timing is perfect. Waiting is hard, but it's so worth it. Breathe and let go of the need to know how everything goes. God gets no glory from your need to control this. Give it to God and watch fresh winds blow.
  • Maybe it's not working out because God is working out something better. Sometimes it takes your breakdown to create your breakthrough. Sometimes our greatest blessings come from our biggest disappointments.
  • Be grateful certain things didn't work out. You don't even know what you're being protected from or where you're being guided to when you're in the midst of chaos. You just have to trust that greater things are aligning for you. Let go gracefully.
  • Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations. Don't quit.
  • Not every day is good, but there is something good in every day.

If you're struggling with self-love and appreciation.

• "If you aren't good at loving yourself, you will have a difficult time loving anyone, since you'll resent the time and energy you give another person that you aren't even giving to yourself." -Barbara De Angelis
  • Your mind will always believe everything you feed it, so feed it gentleness and fierce, fierce self-love.
  • "She remembered who she was, and the game changed." – Lalah Deliah
  • Worth: You have to find the courage to let go when you are no longer being pulled to the energy you want. You have to find the strength to leave when what you want is no longer there. You cannot find your worth in someone else or by proving it. Your value is found when you become aware of how worthy you are and what's really worth your energy.
  • In life you will meet two kinds of people: ones who build you up, and ones who tear you down. But in the end, you will thank them both because they helped shape who you are today, and you are beautiful- inside and out. Always remember that.
  • If they want to leave, let them. If they push you away, go. You weren't put on this earth to convince anyone of your worth. You're here to learn, create, flourish, live, spread love and nourish. The ones deserving of you will always make you feel appreciated.

You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it. And lastly, my hope and wish for you is that you find yourself saying a lot soon: "Wow, I prayed for this. It's here. It's actually happening."