A Message To Anyone Who Feels Like Giving Up

You never know what could save your life.

6
Huffington Post

*She runs through the front door, sprints up the stairs, slams the bedroom door, jumps on the bed, and screams "Why me Lord, why me?"*

She rambles through piles of books and papers. "… I know it's in here somewhere.” She began flipping over tables and throwing anything that's in the way on the floor, 'I know it's in here somewhere.” She opens the dresser drawer and pulls out the only thing that could make all the stress and worry go away. The only thing that could erase all the pain and hurt. The only thing that could make everything that's she feeling at the moment vanishes in less than an instant.

She takes the little black box to the bathroom, takes a deep breath, and opens the box and the only thing that she thought could make everything disappear, was staring her dead in the face. She takes out the revolver, puts it up to her head, closed her eyes, and got prepared to take her last breath.

Right as she began her countdown to death, 5......4.....3....2.....*she breaths*......... and all of a sudden there was a knock on the door. It was her mom, "Honey you got a letter in the mail, you might want to read it.” The white envelope was slid under the door. It was sealed with a gold stamp and in the center of the page it read "Dear Self". She put the gun down and opened the letter. She began to read:

Dear Self,

If you’re reading this letter that means you're really struggling and this is your last option before you decide to end everything. I knew the day would come when you officially decided to give up on life. You feel life has just put a plastic bag over your head and you can’t get it off. Life isn't going as planned, and the pressure is taking over you.

As of right now, you are completely unaware of your worth. As of right now, you are forgetting that you’re a princess. As of right now you’re forgetting that six years ago you were told you had cancer, but you didn't let that stop you! As of right now, you're forgetting that the doctors told your parents that you were going to die, but somehow you’re still alive and able to read this letter. As of right now, you’re forgetting that everyone doubted you. As of right now, you're forgetting that you made a difference in people’s lives just by standing up and saying you’re a Christian. As of right now, you’re forgetting that your vibrant smile has changed so many lives. As of right now, you’re forgetting that God put you on this Earth to make a difference in your community. As of right now, you’re forgetting that you’re a light in the midst of darkness. As of right now, you are forgetting that you’re a beautiful woman and God made you in his image.

As of right now, you’re forgetting that dozens of little girls are looking up to you because you’re a wonderful role model. As of right now, you're forgetting if you ask Christ to help you, He will. As of right now, you're forgetting if you get down on your hands and knees and pray to God, He will bring you peace! As of right now, you're forgetting that the God you believe in will take anything you are facing and turn it around for your good. As of right now, you’re forgetting that everything you go through is for a reason. As of right now, you're forgetting at the end of the day all the struggles, hurt, pain, and suffering you're experiencing right now is just creating your marvelous testimony . Little do you know that someone else is out there going through the same thing you’re going through and they need someone like you to tell them "It's going to be okay!” So I would advise you to stop everything you’re doing and pray. Congratulations! You made it all the way through this letter without giving up. I want you to look in the mirror and Thank Yourself!

She puts the paper down, looks in the mirror, and says "Thank You!” She's a little confused on why she's thanking herself. She sits there for a moment and it finally dawned on her. This letter was from her middle school English class. The teacher made an assignment where everyone had to write a letter to themselves. It was delivered to her five years later. In middle school, she remembered getting bullied so bad to the point where she felt like giving up. She knew it would eventually happen again so she decided to write a letter reminding her not to give up. But little did she know, it SAVED HER LIFE!