10 Songs On Leslie Knope's Dance Party Spotify Playlist

She has the best taste in music.

444
Huffington Post

As I was thinking about a topic to write about this week, I found an article by a fellow Odyssey writer that listed several article topics help with writer's block. One option was "What songs are on your favorite fictional character's playlist?" which combine two things I love: fictional characters and making playlists.

One of my favorite TV shows is “Parks and Rec.” I’m sure all “Parks and Rec” fans would agree: Leslie Knope is an inspiration. She is determined and never takes no for an answer. She has no time for misogyny and is basically who I want to be when I grow up. So here’s my version of Leslie's favorite dance party playlist.

1. Run The World (Girls) - Beyonce

Because Leslie knows who really runs the world.

2. Wannabe - Spice Girls

I feel like Leslie would know every single word of this song.

3. Everything's Gonna Be Alright - Mike Mains & The Branches

Because Leslie ALWAYS has a positive attitude.

4. Boom Clap - Charli XCX

This would definitely be Leslie's car jam.

5. I Would Walk 500 Miles - Kenny And The Scots

Because Leslie always gives 100%.

6. Roar - Katy Perry

This would definitely be the Pawnee Goddesses anthem.

7. Brave - Sara Bareilles

I think Leslie was Sara Bareilles' inspiration for this song tbh.

8. Home - Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros

I like to think Leslie and Ben have these lyrics hung up somewhere in their house.

9. Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison

What Leslie listens to when she's missing Ann.

10. Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and The Waves

Because Leslie is literal sunshine.

You can click here or see below for the entire playlist for your listening pleasure.