I write an article for Odyssey every week, and have been doing so since September 2015. Sometimes, I can’t think of a single topic to write about and am stuck staring at my screen for hours. I watch news segments, read through blogs, and wade my way through the latest things happening in pop culture. When you have writer’s block, the search for finding a topic is more exhausting than writing an article. So, for those who have their off weeks where they spend more of their time searching the web for inspiration than writing, here is a list of 25 things to write about when you have writer’s block.
1. A list of 25 topics for when you have writer’s block.
2. A list of things you’ll never do again.
3. 100 things to do when you’re bored.
4. How would you rob a bank and get away with it?
5. What songs are on your favorite fictional character’s playlist?
6. Write a travel blog!
7. Your top 10 favorite blogs.
8. You’re top 10 favorite YouTube videos, stars and channels.
9. Writers you aspire to be like and why.
10. Respond to an editorial in the New York Times (or other popular paper).
11. Narrate a photo and create the story behind it.
12. All the things wrong with your college. (Everybody has a list.)
13. Free local date ideas.
14. DIY projects.
15. An open letter to your hero or life goal.
16. A list of cheap alternatives to a popular yet expensive store.
17. Tips you’d talk about on “girl code” or “guy code.”
[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F03%2F06%2F635928923653898833-1600648235_200_s.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=914&h=7db9b2f7188fa51d40c6d4e424c7c5fff0d95b3410d96c2269b6e848f458c403&size=980x&c=2231243225 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F03%252F06%252F635928923653898833-1600648235_200_s.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D914%26h%3D7db9b2f7188fa51d40c6d4e424c7c5fff0d95b3410d96c2269b6e848f458c403%26size%3D980x%26c%3D2231243225%22%7D" expand=1]