21 Ways You Could Celebrate Your 21st Birthday

21 Ways To Properly Celebrate Your 21st Birthday

You only turn 21 once, so make it memorable.

4148

Growing up, the age 21 was never a big deal to me. I had always dreamt of the day I turned 16 or 18 years old because of the movies I used to fantasize over as a child and because of my Latin culture. This all changed after I turned 18 and came to college.

In college, people make the age 21 out to be such a big deal. Essentially, being in college has given the age 21 a grand reputation, so much so that you start wondering if you'll feel any different or act differently when you finally turn that age. Truth is, nothing changes - you're still the same person who thinks the same things, has the same hobbies, works the same job, etc.

However, many people cannot deny the fact that turning 21 is a major milestone in life. It's a time in your life when you are not only legally allowed to drink but you start to be respected by other adults. As a 21-year-old today, I think it is important to celebrate and flaunt the age because it only happens once. Below are 21 ideas you could enthusiastically celebrate your 21st birthday.

1. Go clubbing.

giphy.com

It may be the most generic and common thing every person does on their 21st birthday, but having the freedom to choose any club you want to go to and ordering a drink is exciting. Plus, who cares if its "basic" - it's your 21st birthday, so live it up.

2. Throw a beach or pool party.

Having a beach or pool party is always fun. No one gets bored of it, and it can go on at any time of the day, night, or all day and night.

3. Bar hopping.

You're 21 now, which means you can go to all kinds of bars. Why not go to a bunch of them and hop the night away?

4. Have a wine night. 

If you're not feeling the public party scene, stay in and have a wine night with your closest friends.

5. Have a friendly dinner at your favorite restaurant.

Take your birthday as an opportunity to dine out at your favorite restaurant with no need for compromises or negotiations. It's your day, so you get to decide on everything.

6. Go on a three-day cruise. 

If you have the time and money; take this opportunity to go on a cruise and celebrate all weekend long. An all you can eat, all you can drink, fun activities, and some beautiful ocean views can never do you wrong.

7. Plan a trip to Vegas. 

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas, friends.

8. Treat yourself to 21 things. 

It's totally OK to buy yourself a birthday present...or 21 presents.

9. Take the day off work. 

No one will miss you for the day, go out and celebrate yourself.

10. Throw a themed party at a friend's place. 

Use your birthday as an excuse to throw yourself a themed party - one you've always wanted, but never had the courage to actually have.

11. Treat yourself to a nice spa day. 

It's not everyday that you can pay to get your nails done, hair done, or a massage. Put on some relaxing music and give yourself the day to loosen up.

12. Buy yourself your first alcohol bottle. 

Flaunt your I.D. and buy yourself your first bottle, since you finally can.

13. Start your birthday at midnight. 

Don't waste any hours of the day, start partying right when the clock strikes 12 a.m.

14. Have a picnic potluck. 

Invite your closest friends to an outdoor picnic and have them make you some of your favorite meals to enjoy.

15. Watch the sunrise and sunset. 

If you appreciate the sky as much as I do, wake up early and start your birthday the right way by seeing that beautiful sunrise. Then end the day properly and watch the sunset, too.

16. Do something you've never done before. 

I mean you only live once and this is the only time you are turning 21, so might as well do something new.

17. Celebrate with your family. 

Take some time to celebrate with those you love the most. Have their company fulfill you with pure love and happiness on your special day.

18. Go to a theme park. 

Spend the day going on rides and feeling that adrenaline rush through you.

19. Buy concert tickets to see your favorite artist. 

If you're lucky, a good artist may be in town on your birthday.

20. Have a karaoke night. 

Enjoy your night by singing it away on center stage.

21. Donate to your favorite charity. 

It is your day, and it is all about you, but you can always take some time to give back to the world.