Hurricanes Upset By Eagles

Hurricanes Upset By Eagles

Miami suffered a tough road loss in Chestnut Hill Saturday night.

35
Hurricanes Upset By Eagles
Instagram

The Hurricanes were bested by the Eagles in Chestnut Hill Saturday Night. It was a good effort by the Hurricanes. However, they were unable to pull away from the Eagles who successfully closed down the stretch to secure the win. Dejan Vasiljevic led the way for the Hurricanes with 17 points on 6/12 shooting (5/10 from three). But, it was not enough to overcome the 29 points (10/15) from Jerome Robinson (Junior Guard) and 24 points (7/11) from Ky Bowman (Sophomore Guard).

The game started without Miami Hurricanes Head Coach Jim Larranaga on the sidelines due to illness. Assistant Coach Chris Caputo was there to lead the Hurricanes in Larranaga’s stead.

Vasiljevic started the game off scorching, nailing three three pointers in the first five minutes. He would finish the first half with 11 points (3/6 shooting from three). However, Boston College was quick to respond, which is what Robinson did when he hit his lone three of the game. A couple of plays later, Bowman threw down a vicious dunk to energize the home crowd.

Miami’s two star freshmen (Lykes and Walker) were not going to be held in check all night. The electric Chris Lykes found his rhythm when he shook his defender with a crossover on his way to an easy layup. Lykes finished with 16 points on 5/11 shooting. The game continued to be closely contested, as Miami held a one point lead at the half.

After halftime, Lonnie Walker made his presence felt when he crossed over Robinson for the easy layup. Miami continued to lead early in the second half, but could not pull away. Down by 5, Bowman hit a three to give the Eagles the momentum. But, Lykes was quick to respond as he used his speed to blow by Eagles defenders for a layup.

With the Hurricanes up by 4 and about three minutes left in the game, Robinson drove in and finished a clutch and one layup. On the final Boston College possession, the game was tied at 70. Robinson took a contested step back three for the win and missed. However, Bowman secured the offensive rebound and was fouled. Since Miami was in the bonus, he had two free throws. He hit both. Lonnie Walker was unable to get off a shot on the ensuing Canes possession, giving the game a final score of 72-70.