Human Soul Series 1: Love For Mankind

Human Soul Series 1: Love For Mankind

Connected with our mental capacity, Love has the power to do much more than thaw out a seaside Norwegian village blasted by an Ice Queen

12
Human Soul Series 1: Love For Mankind

As Valentines Day approaches, it seems fitting to discuss the topic of love.

However, I will not take the usual romantic approach. No, The human soul is a complex and marvelous creature, capable of so many things. Not that other forms of life do not feel love, rest assured they do; if you doubt, look up sea otter mothers. That one species alone speaks about motherly love.

But, on topic: Humans tend to have a subconscious control of their environment; not quite with the speed of Magneto or Storm, but certainly greater power over a longer period of time.

Sound bold? It is. But it is also true. Consider what Thomas Edison put into his many inventions: The Phonograph. The Nickel-Iron Battery. Even the First Motion Picture. And of course, the Incandescent Lightbulb. And there are many more inventions attributed to him. But this was one man. And there are many thousands of individuals with similar impacts whose efforts of which we enjoy the benefits without even thinking about.

You may think, "But those were special people. I'm not like them." You are simultaneously right and wrong; semantics of individuality notwithstanding. You are like them in that somewhere, you have a dream. A big, fantastic one. The primary difference between you and Edison is that his have largely become reality and you are not yet there.

What does this all have to do with love?

Simple: Love is one of the most powerful emotions that exist. And because it can and does couple with the mind, it has the power to reach your environment. Before you think me one of those mumbo-jumbo-spewing philosophers and glaze your eyes over, think about it: More than just merely an attitude change that focuses on more of the good than the bad of our environment, humans individually and collectively have an influence on the matter around us. Given the amount of detail and evidence required to back up that statement, I will invite you to read "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill. Then I will ask you to consider an often-politically charged subject currently labeled "Climate Change." One side states that man is involved. The other says that our carbon and NO2 emissions are insufficient to do the damage. What if I told you that both could be correct?

Hypothetically, the Human population's own collective willforce is the true culprit. After all, certain studies from one political side show a correlation between the rise of certain technologies and certain anomalies in the environment that some are convinced will lead to global disaster. I will not debate for or against either side. But with our inability to accurately predict the weather with any sufficient confidence level up to a week in advance, how can we say that there is a causation between the two variables? What if I stated that both are actually symptoms of the same exact problem?

Think of it: New technologies lead to people expecting faster results. Which means when things do not go our way, we become impatient. Consider that it once took months to get a message back and forth between parties on the opposite ends of the known world, and now people (myself often included) lose their temper over a ten-second delay? Surely, this negative set of emotions, if collectively projected by all humans across the planet who complain about one thing or another is released, no wonder hurricanes are increasing in ferocity. More info with unofficial studies on this will be brought up later.

So just remember this: Those who seem to least deserve love need it most. Because either the one perceiving that the other isn't deserving needs to learn to give love, or the undeserving actually in fact does need love, as much of their bad behavior can be attributed to a lack of it at a crucial point. I know there are some exceptions, but they aren't the rule.

So yes, even Hitler, who least of all deserved love from all non-Aryans who disagree with his ideology certainly needs it. You all know some personal equivalent, be they political, ideological, or anything else. Love them, and I'm more than certain that many natural and social disasters will decrease drastically. And if you don't know how to show that love, look at Gandhi. Read the New Testament in the Bible with a fresh set of eyes. Study those who were true examples of love and kindness, and apply what you learn. And then the war against bigotry will be won, if not in the world, at least in your own heart. That's the victory of love that you should ultimately be concerned with.