An Open Letter To My Work Best Friend

An Open Letter To My Work Best Friend

Because no one understands you quite like your coworkers.

11589
An Open Letter To My Work Best Friend
enkivillage.com

To my work best friend,

Thank you. I have infinite gratitude to you for so many reasons. You always listen to me talk about work and complain during every second of every day (and night). I love that about you. You are honestly one of the greatest people in my life. You're great because you really understand what I'm talking about. No one else understands what we go through each day; the stress, the joy, the roller coaster of emotions. You get it. This makes you so, so special to me. Thank you for sharing in the pain and the stress, but also sharing my joy. I love knowing that I can text or call you when something great happens and you will always be happy with me.

Thank you for taking my awful shift for me, even when you really don't want to. You're the reason I'm still mentally sane. Know that I will always return the favor because that is what work friends do. Everyone needs a break sometimes. Thanks for picking up my slack when I'm not having a great day. Thank you for bringing Jimmy John's, ice cream, coffee, or just your company to work when I need it most. It makes long shifts go by so much faster.

Thank you for slowly becoming my real-life friend, and not just my work friend. I love making new friends, especially ones that double as wonderful coworkers. I love that we can go out together and have an awesome time even when we're both stressed out. I love that we're content watching movies together, too. Silence is never awkward and shopping is always fun.

Know that I will always be there for you, no matter what. I'll be there for you in all the same ways you were there for me. I'll show up with coffee if you're really hungover. I'll bring you food if you forgot your lunch. I'll answer your calls at 3 A.M. Whenever you need me, I'm here. Know that I will always listen to you complain. Lord only knows I owe you. Wherever we move to, wherever life takes us, I'll still be there.

If you move on before I do, I hope you'll know that work will never be the same. I'll never look forward to a shift the way I did when I worked with you. I'll never be able to leave you notes at night to make the next morning a little better for you. I'm going to miss you so much. I promise to obsessively text and call you and let you know how work is going. I'll endlessly remind you how wonderful you are and how successful you're going to be in whatever life throws your way. I know you'll be successful because you are simply amazing.

You will always be my work best friend.

Sincerely,

Ashley