How YOU see yourself is the only thing that matters.

It's all up to you.

988

I want to say in advance this article may seem like it's based towards girls, but it's not. Men and women alike it doesn't matter. We are all the same. We all struggle on how we see ourselves. I just hope some may see this article as they are not alone in the world. You may have someone else around you who feels the same, or you can even take me as someone who struggles just as you do.

Whether it's pimples, stretch marks on your body, or you have scars whether they are physical or mental does not matter. They are what you make of them. They shouldn't matter to anyone else. They are the tiger stripes of your body. You have received and now you have to live with them and embrace them. Because no matter what anyone else thinks. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. Inside and out.

I never expected to look at myself and question whether or not I was good enough. It comes down to the point though that we all have that question to ask ourselves. "Is this how everyone else sees me?" "Why do I feel or look like this?"

Sadly to say there are so many more questions people ask themselves. You come to the point of you are always questioning whether or not your good enough, or at least I came to that point. I know many others feel the same way and that's why I am writing this article.

Our society is so based on body image and having the "perfect" look to fit in. The skinny, perfect hair, and best boyfriend/ girlfriend ideals. No matter where you look they show up. No one deserves to be put through the pressure society is using to try to get us to change ourselves.

It took me a while to gain the confidence I have today. I know I don't struggle as hard as most people do and i still have my days where when someone sees my stretch marks I get self-conscious about them.

Even though it may be tough road to get through what you have to realize is even if you feel alone, your not. There will always be someone else around you that has the same thoughts. They are struggling just like you are.

You shouldn't question what's wrong about yourself. You should love everything about your body because in the end what everyone else says will never matter. The only thing that matters is what you feel and think about yourself.

I want you to look at yourself and ask "What have I done right?" "What are my favorite aspects of my body and how do they affect the rest of me?" "Why do others opinions matter?" and finally, "What do I love about myself?"

No one else matters. You are the only thing that counts.