How To Turn "I Can't" Into "I Can"

How To Turn "I Can't" Into "I Can"

Just let go of the negativity.

101
How To Turn "I Can't" Into "I Can"
blogspot.com

Growing up as an ultra-shy kid, I never felt comfortable with attention on me. Luckily, I quickly shook off this shell of shyness, only it was replaced by a suffocating bubble of negativity. As much as I wanted to be a happier, optimistic person, I struggled to accept that things might swing my way. I was forever cursed with this plague of pessimism where I expected everything to fall apart at the seams—until I stumbled upon a short but potent quote that simply reminded me to “clear your mind of can’t." I suddenly opened my eyes to the reality of my perpetual bitterness and realized it was time to adjust the mentality that had been leading my life for the past 18 years.

Like everyone else in this world, I’m far from perfect, but I make an effort every day to think about one thing I can accomplish, small or big. So before you let the doubt, insecurity, and negativity sink in, take heed of some of these “I can” statements to turn your frown upside down and prove that optimism is the way to go.

I can change.

I can appreciate learning.

I can make a difference, no matter how small.

I can shoot for the stars.

I can take risks.

I can enjoy the finer things in life.

I can also be humbled by the enormity of the world.

I can find purpose.

I can be optimistic.

I can take a mental health day.

I can see my hard work pay off.

I can respect opinions that differ from mine.

I can work towards finding the middle ground.

I can follow my passions.

I can venture outside my comfort zone.

I can work towards a healthier mind, body, and soul.

I can survive embarrassing moments.

I can accept and learn from criticism.

I can be awed by the earth’s beauty.

I can put myself out there for worse or for better.

I can be independent.

I can open my heart up.

I can listen.

I can make my voice heard.

I can stand on my own two feet with confidence.

I can accept words of advice.

I can be thankful.

I can be supportive.

I can see the world standing in someone else’s pair of shoes.

I can learn to reflect on my experiences.