How To Successfully Survive Finals Week

How To Successfully Survive Finals Week

Helpful tips from a college senior!

10
How To Successfully Survive Finals Week
Today I Found Out

It is currently one week before finals and you think you need to be more organized in order to survive. Are you wondering how to get through it? Maybe you are so stressed out that you don’t know where to even begin? Well, in order to prepare yourself for the best or the worst (hopefully not) during your finals week, you as a student need to sit back and think about the steps that you need to take in order to get what you need to get, done.

First things first, when you think about finals week. Check your syllabus to see if you actually need to stay for finals week, because some people like myself have finals week during their last week of classes and don’t have to come during that specific finals week. It would be nice to know. Once you look at your dates on your syllabus, you want to then notify your family members and friends when you are going home, so they are able to mentally prepare themselves for your home arrival.

Next, you should consider going back into your syllabus again for each class to see what else is required for you to complete for that specific course before preparing yourself to go home. You don’t want to be going home and regretting not completing a specific task that was important to get done. Once you do that, begin by making a simple checklist with your syllabus still open, so you have a clear idea on what needs to be completed and what you have already done. This will help you get your thoughts organized, so you aren’t forgetting anything important. After you write the checklist, check in your syllabus for the due dates and place the assignments you wrote in the checklist in order. This will give you an idea of what is most important on your list of things to do.

Next, take a look at your attendance policy section and get a gist of how many skips you have already taken. That way, if you have a lot on your plate, you are able to tell or think about how much you have left to miss, in order to complete that work that you seem to not have time for. Then, you should think about how much sleep you get per night, along with having time to yourself, since that is extremely important to have, especially as a college student this time of the year. Once you have figured out that schedule, look at your list of things to do and figure out when you should sleep and when your work should get done. That way, you will know your schedule and keep it as a routine and so you could try to avoid all-nighters. Once you have taken a look at your sleeping schedule, go shopping and buy healthy foods to get you through the next couple of weeks. It will be very helpful for your body and self-esteem during this time and all the time. Get your own coffee too, so you don’t spend so much at Dunkin Donuts. It will sneak up on you and stress you even more, since you won’t have that much money anymore. After getting the right food and drinks, that’s when you should start your finals. Lastly, you should sit back, relax, take deep breaths, exercise, and check off your work as you go. Then your finals will be complete and you will be ready to go home!