Yes, You Have A Narcissist In Your Life, Here's How To Spot Who It Is

You know a narcissist right now, but you don't actually know who it is. There is a distinct connotation to the word narcissist, and there is a reason for that. So let's all figure out who it is together and get rid of the negativity for good.

549

There is most likely a narcissist in your life whether you know it or not. I got this great idea to talk about spotting a narcissist from an IGTV post on Instagram by ATTN because I believe that it was really beneficial to hear the information being said. We are supposed to be happy and going back to the negative connotation of the word narcissist, I feel as though to be happy all the time, we shouldn't let negatives be apart of our lives.

Now, narcissists are not the same as being self-conceited, being self-conceded I would define as the lower and more human level to a narcissist because they still know how to be human. Sometimes the self-conceited people can be mistaken as overconfident people and as much as they have similar, there are also differences. But, I am not talking about these two right now, we are going straight to the extreme.

The first trick to spot one is in their sense of humor.

Normal human beings are OK with joking about themselves sometimes. If a friend starts making fun of them about how they entered a room, usually the person that entered the room weird would laugh along with their friends and agree that they entered that room weird. Narcissists would get angry that someone would make fun of them and will never laugh at their small flaws.

Next sign would be how a narcissist will interrupt peoples conversations all the time.

Narcissists only like to talk about themselves, so if the topic of conversation isn't about them, they interrupt the conversation just to change the topic to their own life and problems. To me, this is the "ah ha" tip that people will finally realize the people in their lives. Just realize that sure self-conceded people can do this too, however, they don't do this all the time and know how to communicate with people without just talking about themselves.

Narcissists like to make themselves seem untouchable, they shame normal things that people do just to give themselves a boost higher.

Even if it is everyday tasks like cooking for yourself or for normal interactions with people like being friendly to your neighbors. They could even go to the extreme as making sure you know that they are more liked by your own boyfriend than you. Or the slightly lesser of evil, make you unsure about it. If they have been in the proximity of a celebrity, they will let you know about it at least once a day.

This is how they make themselves feel superior to you.

Jealousy is the fuel of this whole narcissist image, but to me, this topic is also pretty confusing. Since jealousy is the fuel of this whole charade, it can be driven in many different ways. All in which normally come from a strand of jealousy. Whether it's them being jealous of other people or feeling like the other people are jealous of them, it has a soul purpose that leads them to act the way they do.

Also because of this jealousy, they think they can get away with whatever they feel like.

These people feel so superior that they think they can do anything they want making them more superior. Whether there are rules in place or not, they will do what they please with no thought of other people. They are likely to steal from businesses or cut in line. They will even go against friends beliefs and rules. Narcissists then put a big situation on friends because if they were to let it go, it then reinforces to the narcissist that they are okay with the bad behavior.

Now, Is everyone in your life a narcissist because they do one thing in this article?

No! Please, do not start hacking away at your friends because they show traits of narcissism because even though these are specific acts of a narcissist, these acts could also be a form of something else. I just wanted to write about this because, for that one reader that does have a narcissist in their life, they can be more aware and use this knowledge to their benefit when handling one.