The Female Narcissist: Kim Kardashian

The Female Narcissist: Kim Kardashian

She's a little selfi(e)sh

4894
The Female Narcissist: Kim Kardashian
Glamour Magazine

Kim Kardashian is an actress, socialite, model, businesswoman, and television star. She became worldly known through her friendship with Paris Hilton in the early 2000's. Recently, many people have queried if she is narcissistic or altruistic, especially after her book "Selfish" was published in May of 2015.

Originally, she created this "selfie book" for Kayne as a gift, but decided it would be a misfortune if every other human on this planet didn't see it as well! With inspiration and ambition, it was decided to be published for all to admire.

Kim is known for her wide range of fully clothed to naked selfies, which cause a lot of controversy. From following her on social media sites and "Keeping Up With The Kardashians", I have distinguished her excessive need for admiration. Kim quotes "Selfies are the purpose of life", and if that doesn't vocalize Narcissistic Personality Disorder, I don't know what does.

Aside from selfies, Kim tends to be a little self-centered and disregard others feelings and/or show no concern.

Back in January when Kendall Jenner went on Khloé Kardashian's new show, "Kocktails With Khloé", she pulled an epic prank on Kim; she called her informing that she was pregnant. Kim, as usual, turned the attention to herself and began talking about how bad her day had been, instead of giving the actual advice Kendall was seeking. In the end, Kendall spilled the actual truth and left Khloé, and her audience, feeling embarrassed for Kim's conceding ways.

Another time Kim went to her conceding ways was seen on Twitter when Kim was uplifting her sister, Khloé, in her newly improved face transformation. But, again, turns the attention to her by referencing her "pregnant face".

So the question now is, is Kim really narcissistic or is she hiding something deeper? Someone who is diagnosed with a Narcissistic Personality Disorder has an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for admiration, and a lack of empathy for others. But behind their ultra-confidence lies a fragile self-esteem that is vulnerable to the smallest form of criticism. Signs may show that she is dealing with a slight form of low self-esteem, due to her replies towards some who are not a huge fan of her and voice their opinion, but last year she did reveal her secret battle with low self-esteem and how she overcame it.

Overall I still would classify Kim as a narcissist, or at least borderline, until she acquires self-accusation and seeks medical attention.