How to Not Hate Your Life When Running.

How to Not Hate Your Life When Running.

This article is not something that I couldn't always write, and at times I do sink into the boat of hating running but if you have ever felt this way then I have a few tips for you.

45
How to Not Hate Your Life When Running.

I would say the biggest thing that needs to change for most people is their mindset, especially if they aren't into running. If your reading this know that you're not alone and that your probably like most people who really don't enjoy running and that's OK. However, my goal is to help you feel a bit better about running.

zombie run

this is an app that you can download on your phone that puts you in an alternate world with zombies for an interactive run. It is a pretty cool way to use technology to inspire you to run. The game's main goal is for you to escape the zombies and to collect supplies along your run so that you can build your town after your runs complete. There are also different settings to the app so that you can control and track how much of a workout your achieving which is helpful information to know. As well the app is compatible with your phone's music so you can listen as you run and then when the app needs to give you instruction, advice, or direction it just decreases your music momentarily.

fun run

to "fun run" all you have to do is start your run, it can be planned or not but, when you see something cool along the way or get to particular locations you stop and snap a picture. Then you send that picture to your running buddy group to show them your progress along the way. I have a lot of fun with this and love to surprise my friends with the adventure I make for myself when I go on runs.

take a friend

Running buddies are always nice. I would recommend finding someone at your level to run with or slightly better so that you can carry the same pace and so that you are in it together.

create a running playlist

I believe music is beneficial to anyone running. Instead of thinking about why your foot is hurting or that your side is aching you have some fun fresh music to get you going. I am someone to that at times tends to match the pace of my music so I need some upbeat tunes to get me going otherwise my running speed just turns into a walk.

ease into it

Ease in, I need to remind myself of this advice quite often. I love to jump in and get started on things however, to make true progress some things take time and practice. Running is challenging and if you aren't a runner work your way up. It is never a good idea to push yourself too hard that your injured or never want to go out again. I would also recommend thinking about where your at with your current exercise and health and make achievable goals. Then slowly work towards these goals. It will take practice and dedication to become a better runner, don't expect immediate changes but, eventually they can happen.

Hoped this helped and encouraged you for your next run.

- Ally