How To Map Out Your Travel Bucket List

How To Map Out Your Travel Bucket List

It's your world. Go see it.

44
How To Map Out Your Travel Bucket List
cdn1

One of my favorite conversation starters, whether it's something to talk about on a first date or an ice breaker in class, is asking 'if you could be anywhere else in the world right now, where would you go?' Most people have thought about this before, but just in case you haven't, here are some questions you can ask yourself in order to develop your travel bucket list.

What is the culture you know the least about?

One of the most enjoyable parts of going somewhere new is learning how the people that live there are different than you. Staying with a host family or introducing yourself to locals and trying to spend time with them could give you a lot of insight on how they live there. Here is a link to help you learn more about some of the world's most culturally rich countries, including, China, India, and the United Kingdom:

What is your families background?

We as humans have a natural curiosity for finding out where we came from and why we are they way that we are. Take some time and ask your parents or grandparents if they have information on your family history. Track down the name of a family member that was born in a different country and do a little investigating to see if you can find out where exactly they lived. Visit and learn about their culture and what living there during that relatives time period was like. It'll be like your own episode of Who Do You Think You Are?

Do you want to be pampered?

This is HUGE when it comes to planning a trip. Sometimes traveling isn't so much about learning about a culture and more of just needing a break and a way to relax. For those of you that are looking to be treated like royalty during your stay, here's a link to the world's 10 most relaxing resorts:

Do you like heavily populated areas or do you like to be secluded?

Sometimes you need a litlle alone time with yourself, a loved one, family, or friends. It's more than o.k. to not want to be bothered by other tourists at your resort or trying to navigate through city streets with thousands of others. For you all, I would recommend an African safari, where most camps only accept up to 30 guests, or a small island like Bora Bora where the overall population is low. On the other hand, if you want to go somewhere that resembles New York City, where the energy is high and the noises are loud, I would recommend traveling to one of the highest populated cities in the world, including Tokyo, Mexico City, Buenos Aires, or Rio de Janeiro. If you're interested in a large resort with a lot of visitors like yourself, here is a link to the 20 largest hotels in the world:

Do you like tropical or icy temperatures?

The types of activities you would like to do while you're traveling should play a large role in your location decision making process. If you want to lay on a beach, Iceland wouldn't be your first choice, and for those looking to ski, I wouldn't recommend Egypt. For those looking to make the most out of a tropical environment, here's a link to a variety of tropical vacation spots, including Thailand, Costa Rica, and Aruba. For those looking to capitalize on the benefits of a snowy winter, here's a link to help you learn more about some of the best cold weather destinations: