College Students Share Their Opinions On Sex Tapes

50 College Students Admit They've Actually Thought About Making A Sex Tape

"It's a modern intimacy."

864
Woman

Raging hormones. Hooking up at high school parties. Having sex in grimy motels. Sending nudes through Snapchat. And, now, filming risqué sexual acts for pleasure: sex tapes.

Kim Kardashian. Zoe Saldana. John Mayer. Paris Hilton. Mariah Carey. Farrah Abraham. Chrissy Teigen. Charlie Sheen. Pamela Anderson. Jennifer Lopez. Katie Price. Colin Farrell. Miranda Kerr. Gwyneth Paltrow. Scott Disick. Lindsay Lohan. Amber Rose. Kanye West. Rihanna. Spencer Matthews. Amy Schumer. Cameron Diaz. Calum Best.

The list goes on and on as celebrities of all ages have admitted to a past sex tape or even have had their intimate recordings released.

"Find a celebrity and get famous... the Kardashians made a living out of it." – Female, 21

Not all films have to make their way to PornHub, are professionally produced, or are more than just audio. It's important to realize that sex tapes are any sexual act or behavior that is recorded.

Yes, any naughty, kinky, fun deed.

Some sex tapes are full-blown films while others are just private clips of a sensual blow job, love moans, or shots of different angles: "Nothing special, just record some POV" – Unknown gender, 20

But! This past year, a girl from my high school had her sex tape released from a revengeful ex-boyfriend. I don't know all the details, but I'll say this: it was an explicit video. This goes to show that, yes, by all means, enjoy the thrill, but be careful, know your partner, discuss the rules, and, most importantly, ensure that all parties have given their consent.

If you and your boyfriend, friends with benefits, "thing" breakup, stand up for yourself and delete those videos!

"It's a modern intimacy" – Male, Unknown age

Everyone has their own opinion on sex tapes! It's a personal choice and there is nothing wrong with it. "It's a fun way to spice things up. Your body, your choice!" – Female, 21

There is nothing wrong with nudes. Nothing wrong with having sex: oral, vaginal, anal. Nothing wrong with exploring sexuality. Nothing wrong with BDSM. Nothing wrong with kinks. Nothing wrong with anyone's private decisions.

ere's how 50 college students weighed in:

Dirty thoughts

A bunch of college students consider sex, porn, and making a sex tape. Some have even made a few in the past and yearn to make more sexy clips!

"Yes. The idea came up once when my boyfriend saw me in a sexy cop outfit and he said 'Hmmm. Let's make a movie with you in that outfit.'" – Unknown gender, 23

"I have considered it, but never actually done it." – Unknown gender, 19

"Yeah definitely, but only for myself/partner. Not to be posted online." – Unknown gender, 20

"I've made some with my boyfriend and it was fun and I still look at them when I'm by myself ;) I love it." – Unknown gender, 19

"I thought about it for a hot second with my boyfriend. Didn't mention it to him but I realized I wouldn't be comfortable and I would over analyze everything." – Female, 23

"In my head I know I would love to have one, but I'm not too sure how I would feel in the moment that I actually have to perform... step one: A Hotel room (or something nice besides me or my partner's bedroom)... step two: groom accordingly. Personally, I like a clean wax, but some people like hair down there... step three: definitely jazz it up with some fancy lingerie to make it more interesting... step four: good lighting... step five: just do it like nobody's watching :)" – Female, 19

"I want to make more lol." – Female, 20

"I think people like to see what they or their partner look like when they're having sex. It's something to remember the experience and look back at it later." – Female, 20

"It's going straight to the hub dawg, Ima be famous." – Unknown gender, 21

"My advice would be that people shouldn't have to feel like they have to have porn star sex in the sex tape, showing off ridiculous angles and being over the top with the moaning and dirty talk. The more natural it looks, the better off it'll appear." – Unknown gender, 23

"Get a selfie stick and get to humpin'." – Male, 23

"We could probably watch together or alone after." – Female, 20

"Yes, with a friends with benefits. Mainly just for the thrill of it." – Male, 20

"Partly to get famous and partly because it's an exhilarating thing to do at the moment." – Unknown gender, 23

"I have no plans to but I probably will someday when I'm drunk." – Female, Unknown age

Kinks

Everyone has their own, unique sexual needs. No judgment here!

"I'm too scared to make a full video but I have recorded audio of me slurping on my partners' toes. I uploaded it online for others to listen to and sometimes I listen to it to get in the mood. I think it's really hot because it feels adventurous." – Male, 18

"Yeah and I might open a premium Snapchat or something I really need $" – Female, 20

"Only if Kentucky Fried Chicken is involved. I'll leave it at that." – Unknown gender, 21

"I would only want to make a sex tape with a group of 8/10s or higher. Engaging and filming a bukaki scene would fill me with pleasure and joy... I would want to be in the middle as attractive men surround me in a circle and came all at once. Only then would I obtain ultimate pleasure." – Female, Unknown age

"Because they're fun and sexy. It can be a thrill to know someone else could stumble upon it, or to post them online and know people are getting off to you. Or it can just be a fun way to make porn for you and your partner(s)." – Female, 21

"I love them. I don't watch celebrity sex tapes, but I pay for personalized videos that satisfy my niche kinks, like my intense foot fetish." – Male, 18

"No, because 'I DoNT WaNt tO Be CoVeREd iN mAsHEd PotAtOEs and GrAVy.'"– Unknown gender, 21

The heat has been turned all the way up

Seductive. Passion. Fire. Erotic.

"I think that people think it's kinky and something new to do in the bedroom. It adds excitement to the relationship so it's not the same old sex situation every day." – Unknown gender, 18

"Just know that hearing a recording of your voice can feel awkward, seeing yourself have sex can feel awkward too, at first. But once you kind of get over that initial shock, you'll realize that it's actually really fun to record videos and watch them back. You can be your own porn." – Female, 21

"I just had normal sex with my boyfriend in front of my phone recording. Sometimes if you want something a little kinkier than prepare for that before but I think it's better to just do what comes natural and what you'll enjoy watching." – Unknown gender, 19

"Heck yeah! My girl is bad! And when an archeologist from 3019 finds my phone they deserve to see how bad she is." – Male, 23

No. Words.

"Yes, I like rewatching it to see what I do and like recording videos of guys pleasing me for my own pleasure later." – Female, 19

"Have sent snap videos but that's it no 'porno.'" – Female, Unknown age

"I made a sex tape with my ex-boyfriend. We did it just for ourselves to watch and keep private. We thought it would be fun to watch ourselves back and to also perform for a camera. It was fun but my expectations were kind of let down, it was kind of anticlimactic. Also, my ex and I didn't end on bad terms or anything but it bothers me to know he could still have the video saved, don't feel great about that now that we're not together." – Female, 19

"I like them. Most porn is too scripted, so it's 'refreshing' to see more raw/unscripted videos." – Unknown gender, 20

"My boyfriend and I have recorded us doing stuff together especially when we were long distance so we could relive it when we were apart. It helped us get over the distance. We now live together so we don't think to do it anymore." – Female, 20

"I think making a sex tape is a very personal choice. I have made a sex tape for me and my boyfriend's eyes only. I don't see any problem with making a sex tape to either introduce a little bit more fun or just to look back on." – Unknown gender, 19

"With my ex-boyfriend because we thought it would be fun. When we broke up we both promised not to share it and I don't think either of us has. Definitely something I would do again, it makes you try to be the best you can for the camera, it was really hot." – Female, 20

"I've made a few of them with my boyfriend. We didn't really plan much beforehand so it was completely in the moment. Because we're long distance, it helps us feel connected and we can use the videos to please ourselves while thinking of each other." – Unknown gender, 23

Hell to the no

If you don't want to, you don't have to. No pressure.

"And the thought of it accidentally getting out is enough to keep me from ever making one, even if it is just for myself." – Unknown gender, 18

"No, I'm too camera shy." – Female, 20

"No – I believe those things are meant to be private. Making such a private occasion public usually welcomes unwanted drama and attention. Especially when it comes to those of us who are in a serious relationship." – Female, 20

"No. I know what happened and it's no one else's business." – Female, 31

"It's a sin." – Unknown gender, 22

"I thought about it but it just seems too scary plus I'm very self-conscious about my body so I feel like it would make me upset watching it." – Female, 19

Send nudes

Send a picture that will disappear in a few seconds? That screams nudes to me!

"Nudes make the world go round." – Unknown gender, 18

"Who hasn't sent them nowadays?" – Female, 21

"Love them, the human body is nothing to be ashamed of. Whether it's a painting or a photograph it's a form of art." – Female, 19

"Sure. I actually lost some of them when I switched to a different phone." – Female, 21

"They're always a nice surprise, but I'd rather see their feet in person." – Male, 18

"I've never received a nude nor sent one. I am a child of Christ." – Unknown gender, 21

"100% for nudes! I always loved taking nudes and sending them to my boyfriend who I trusted. Made me feel really good about myself." – Female, 21

"Being in a long distance relationship, nudes I think are important to keep the sexy and intimate part of our relationship alive. It's fun and even if we weren't long distance, it's something that can get you and your partner in the mood when you're not together." – Unknown gender, 19

"NUDES... nudes are the reason I workout." – Male, 23

Well, that was rude

Sex tapes aren't for you. Even so, there is no reason to be so disrespectful. I'm honestly appalled by some of the disparaging comments I received from the questionnaire.

"Narcissism." – Female, 31

"Degenerate behavior. Upsetting people want to take them." – Unknown gender, 22

"Whorish." – Male, Unknown age

"I have always wanted to make one but never found someone attractive enough to meet my standards." – Female, Unknown age

"Dumb idea... 'cause that shit's weird." – Male, 20

"It's what whores do and if you make one you're not wife material." – Male, Unknown age

"Step 1. Be a weird guy. Step 2. Find a weird woman. Step 3. Profit." – Unknown gender, 21

"For attention. Weakness to their desires." – Unknown gender, 22

Understanding

Thankfully, there were those who respected another individual's decisions.

"I don't believe in doing that myself and wouldn't want to find family/friends sending them either, but to each their own." – Female, 20

"I haven't, but I know many people who have and they like to look back on it with their partner and smile about it." – Unknown gender, 18

"If you want to send them, then power to you. But make sure that you're careful about it and you trust the person/people you're sending them to." – Unknown gender, 18

"I think that people have to be confident in order to do them... If you're comfortable with showing yourself then go for it." – Female, 19

"Don't go out of my way to support or argue against them because I think they're going to continue happening regardless of what others think. And although I'm not a fan of sex tapes, they technically don't hurt anyone." – Female, 20

"People can do whatever makes them happy." – Female, 19

"My partner and I aren't very sexually active or explorative, so we haven't thought about it. I wouldn't be immediately opposed to it, but it'd have to be with someone I knew for quite some time." – Female, 18

"Totally understand why people make them but you should be extremely careful." – Female, 18

"Because it can be fun and sexy and especially with an intimate partner it takes things to the next step. I think it can form a stronger bond of trust between a couple." – Unknown gender, 19

Ask first

I can't repeat it enough: Consent, Consent, Consent!

"If people consent on making one, that's their choice." – Unknown gender, 18

"I think they can be a fun thing to do with a significant other, but it becomes tricky if it becomes public because sometimes both parties haven't consented. Consent is important in dealing with the distribution of it. Also, all parties should feel safe and comfortable." – Female, 19

"Get a good camera, make sure everyone consented, and try to have decent lighting." – Unknown gender, 19

"As long as both parties have given full consent for the tape to be filmed there is nothing wrong with it. If it is used for purposes of blackmail and/or harassment, or anything malicious in nature, then it is clearly wrong. Also, it cannot be posted or shared anywhere without the full consent of both parties. Leaked tapes are always wrong unless it was done intentionally, by the people in the said video." – Unknown gender, 19

"Yes. I'm pretty confident that I would make one, but I'd ask my partner not to send it to others without consulting me first." – Female, 18

"I think it would be a fun way for me and a partner to spice up our sex life, especially if it has been a while with the person. I would just keep it for myself or us. It would have to be a conversation between us." – Female, 20

"I think it's something that's a personal preference and some people like the idea of having sex on camera. I think as long as both people are on the same page about it it's totally a fun thing to do!" – Female, 20

"They're fine as long as they're consensually made and consensually shared (i.e. not leaked without the people in its permission). Not something I'd do outside my spouse and a password-protected location, but if you wanna, do it." – Female, 21

"Make sure they are legal... and R. Kelly isn't around." – Unknown gender, 25

"Took a video on my phone at their request, but lied and said it didn't capture. After the fact, I wasn't too comfortable with someone else having something so intimate of myself. Just deleted it a little while later and moved on." – Male, 20

These responses have been lightly edited for length or clarity.