11 Ways To Let Go Of Negative Feelings

11 Ways To Let Go Of Negative Feelings

Sometimes it's hard to deal with negativity. Here's how.

2965
11 Ways To Let Go Of Negative Feelings
spa finder

Dealing with stress and high emotions can take a toll on your body, mind, and heart. If you're feeling negative emotions constantly throughout the day, it can really affect your performance on important activities and the way people see you. Here's a list of actions to take when you feel overwhelmed with negative emotions.

1. Allow yourself to feel what your body is naturally feeling.

2. Experience the emotion; hold on to it for 5 minutes.

3. Accept the emotion and that you experienced it. Acceptance is healthier than denial. Allow yourself to feel the entire feeling and let it roll through your body.

4. Take a mental step back from the issue that caused the emotion.

5. With a clear mind, breathe deeply until you feel your body calm down.

6. Close your eyes and focus on the dancing swirls of color underneath your eyelids.

7. Feel your heartbeat and your feet on the ground. Center yourself and be aware of your bodily presence.

8. Inhale deeply and hold it for a few seconds. Exhale out and picture the negative emotion exiting your body like a cloud of black smoke.

9. Open your eyes. Feel the light touching your body and imagine it filling you up.

10. Force yourself to smile. If you smile although you're not necessarily happy, it helps make your brain think that you are happy.

11. Take one step forward, feel your body moving through space, and continue on with your day.