5 Ways To Deal With Losing A Loved One

5 Ways To Deal With Losing A Loved One

Things will get better.

10
5 Ways To Deal With Losing A Loved One

I had never really lost someone until recently, I never really dealt with anyone I cared about leaving my life. Now, I know I was really lucky for that. This article isn’t just about people leaving cause of death, but also just people leaving your life in general. I don’t mean to be morbid or anything, I definitely have not always been the best at handling situations like this, but I am learning. I am learning that although for a while it’ll feel like you can’t breathe either, it’ll get better. Here are five ways to deal with losing a loved one.

1. Remember all the good times you had with them.

It's easy to just be consumed with sadness, when tragic events occur, you start blaming yourself even if you didn’t have anything to do with it. As sad as it is to admit to yourself, there is really nothing you can do once their gone, it's best to just remember and be grateful for all the time you did get to spend with them. Be happy for the time that you had, instead of focusing for the time you lost.

2. Keep yourself busy.

I know when you're sad you’re going to want to lock yourself a way in a room and not come out. You’re going to want to just lay there, and not do anything you don’t know if you can move. The thing is you can’t let this take over your life. It is a horrible thing that happened, but just sitting there not living your life, and only thinking about it isn’t benefiting anyone. Do things, try to stay productive get all of your stuff. Remember that even though your sad you can’t let everything else stop around you.

3. It's okay to be sad.

Don’t be too busy right off the bat. It's okay to take time to mourn, to cry, to be upset. That’s fine and healthy, don’t immediately throw yourself into work or, keeping yourself busy be patient with your body and mind. It's okay to give it a little push to do something, but don’t think it makes you weak or less of a person for being upset, you lost someone.

4. Don’t push people away.

I think this is the one thing I am guilty of more than anything. Every time I lose someone I tend to not handle it in the best of ways. I get scared of caring about everyone around me, and I don’t want to talk to anyone. I do push people away and that’s wrong of me. There are people in this world who care about you, and are so unbelievably sad your sad, let them take care of you. Let them talk to you, let them be there if they want to be there. People being there for people, showing up for them no matter the circumstances, that’s a beautiful thing don’t take advantage of that be grateful.

5. It's okay to be happy.

I know it feels wrong, like why do you get to be happy if they don’t. But remember that your loved one cared about you too, and they would want you to be happy no matter the circumstance.