You Know That You've Found Your Soulmate When You Nod YES To These 10 Things

'You make me dance like a fool, forget how to breathe, shine like gold, buzz like a bee.' - Uncle Kracker

112
Instagram

Sometimes, it can be hard to figure out whether you're actually dealing with your soulmate or just another bump on the road to love. So to help get you through to your happily ever after, I'm setting out to shine a light on your heart's desires. So below is a list of 10 things you should look for in your relationship which prove that you have your person.

1. You get along.

Not all the time, obviously. Every couple fights, but if you're fighting ALL the time...It's possible it's not going to work in the long run.

2. You can share your hobbies.

Once again, I'm not saying you have to share EVERYTHING, but you have to be able to sit down every once in a while and spend time with them, right? So maybe it might be a good idea to have a go-to activity that you can do together! Like, maybe cooking together, or playing video games, or weaving baskets under water? Just have some way to spend some quality time together.

3. You know how to talk to each other.

As mentioned above, you're not going to be happy all the time. You're gonna fight. It just happens. But it's important to know how to talk with each other when you're upset. You need to be able to sit down and talk out your issues when you have them. Screaming happens, but talking needs to happen more.

4. You trust them.

Let's face it. You can't be with them every second of the day. And as a result, you don't know what they're doing and who they're with. So it's incredibly important that you trust them. You need to be able to not worry about who they're with, no matter what.

5. You enjoy the little things.

You don't always get the grand, romantic gestures. Sometimes it's just gotta be enough to hear them next to you at night, and know they are happily sleeping next to you. At the end of the day, you need to realize that even though they aren't screaming it from the rooftops, that doesn't mean they don't love you. And if you are capable of knowing they care by the way they snore while they're with you, that's a good sign.

6. You want the same things.

Whether you're both trying to have a huge family, or travel the globe together, it's important that you both have an understanding of what the other wants, and are okay with that. You won't get very far if one of you hates kids and the other wants 20. It's just not logical to expect the other to abandon their desires for you, and it's unhealthy to want them to.

7. You know their love language.

Not everyone expresses their emotions in the same way. But you need to recognize their language, and they should know yours. You've got to be able to realize that they won't always speak your language as far as showing their love goes, but that doesn't mean they don't still care.

8. You support each other.

Whether it's the big stuff, like your life goals, or your careers, or the small stuff, like cheering for them when they're beating you at a game. Supporting your S.O. is critical. You should both want the other to succeed.

9. You share your baggage.

No matter who you are, or where you come from, we all have emotional baggage. And if you're looking for your person, they need to be able to share the load with you, and you need to share theirs. They're gonna be there for the long haul, so you need to know you can count on their support with all your skeletons in the closet, and they should feel the same way about you.

10. You love each other

Most importantly, you should love each other. More important than the butterflies in your stomach when you first get together, you should feel a warm, safe feeling with them next to you in bed. Their presence should make you feel at ease. Real love means they're going to take you, makeup or not, sweatpants or high heels. They like it all. Love isn't always pretty, but it's this incredible journey.