How To Get Yourself To Drink More Water

How To Get Yourself To Drink More Water

Staying hydrated is important. Here are a few tips to make it easier!

116
How To Get Yourself To Drink More Water
Selectoday

With all the fun sodas and other drinks out there, it can be hard to convince yourself to drink more water. We know we need it, and that it's certainly better for our bodies, but with all the other options out there, water is always second best. Here are a few ways to get yourself to stay healthy and drink more water!

1. Fruit Flavors

Many of you have seen people putting sliced fruits in their water bottles. This strategy adds great flavor to your water, and it can be whichever flavor your heart so desires--strawberry, grapefruit, pineapple, and almost anything else you can find in your fridge. As a little addition, the slices also count as a sweet surprise when you feel like a quick snack!

2. Large Containers

Some of you may have heard of the strategy of eating on a small plate as a way of losing weight because your mind is convinced that you are eating more. For drinking water, you can use the opposite strategy: invest in a full day water container that holds almost all the water you should be drinking in one day and bring it with you. It might be heavy, but that's only another reason for your brain to want to drink more.

3. Herbal teas

This may seem to defeat the actual goal, but drinking tea is a great way to stay hydrated and an awesome alternative to water. Try to stick with the traditional herbal teas like chamomile, oolong, and especially green if your looking to shed some extra pounds (green tea has been proved to improve metabolism and help people lose weight). Don't drink too much, though, since teas have fairly high levels of sodium.

4. Reminder apps

These days, our phones are everything. It's our second brain, after all, and since it is, why not have it help us think healthy? There have been a number of calorie counting weight loss apps, but few know that there are also a variety of hydration tracking apps that remind you when you need to drink more water. My personal favorite is Water Time Property, but there are plenty of other apps you can pick from. I anything, you can set a reminder on your phone every hour or so to let you know when you need another sip!