I Drink More Water Than Jennifer Aniston, Here's How

I Used To Be The Girl Chugging Four Cups Of Coffee A Day, And Now I’m Drinking More Water Than Jennifer Aniston

I had cystic acne in high school, but since I swapped out coffee for water, I get compliments on my 'flawless' skin all the time.

503

"I usually have warm water with lemon first thing in the morning... I have the Smart Water bottle that's 23 ounces. I make sure I get three or four in of those a day. It's such a habit for me now. So many people are water lazy; it's such an important thing."

In multiple interviews, including the one with Elle Magazine quoted above, Jennifer Anniston, the queen of agelessness, always swears her biggest beauty secret is drinking water. How easy, right? Just plain ol' water.

According to that interview, Jennifer Anniston drinks at least sixty-nine ounces of water per day. She is a well-hydrated queen and it's time we live up to her expectations. Do you want Jennifer Anniston to call you "water lazy?" I sure don't!

Over the last two years or so, I have been working to become a more active water drinker. I used to maybe drink 18 ounces of water in a day on average. That may sound small in retrospect to Jennifer's standards, but consider how much water you really are drinking in a day. Do you constantly carry a water bottle around with you? Are you constantly refilling that water bottle? When you go to dinner, are you ordering water or soda? See. It all adds up. There are only twenty-four hours in a day and Jennifer is drinking an average of six ounces of agua per hour. Are you?

In my most recent doctor's appointment, my doctor informed me that I was extremely well hydrated and it reflected in my blood results. The number of compliments I have received on my skin recently has been radically inspiring considering I was a girl who had cystic acne in high school (and no boyfriend, I should add. It's probably connected.)

Did other factors contribute to my newly flawless skin? Sure. But kids, Jennifer Anniston knows what's up. It's time we start paying attention to her beauty secrets.

How do you become a Jennifer Anniston style water drinker? Here are four tried and true approaches.

1. Buy a cute water bottle.

This may sound lame, but what's the first thing you do when you buy something new? You want to show it off. If you buy a new purse, you use it. If you buy a new sports bra, you find a reason to wear it. Buying yourself a cute water bottle whether at Target or splurging on a fancy one is the first step in making your water bottle turn from an accessory to a necessity. Plus, it's good for the environment.

2. Start cutting back on the coffee and replace it with water.

I used to drink a venti iced coffee four days a week...

...I eventually cut down to twice a week...

...Then to once a week...

...Then once in a while...

...Eventually, I cut the size of the drink...

...And now, I don't even drink coffee. While you don't have to completely ditch your favorite iced coffee, consider the amount of coffee you're drinking in a day and make sure your water is adding up to it. If you order a venti iced coffee, get a venti iced water too. It's about balance, kids.

3. Ditch the soda. 

Similar to the coffee scenario, if you drink two glasses of soda at dinner, drink two glasses of water, too.
Slowly, start to lessen soda from your diet. You may surprise yourself and find that you don't actually need it.

4. Set your water goals.

Aim to drink eight ounces of water before you leave your house for school or work. Plan to fill up your water bottle at least once throughout the day. You get the idea.

Let's raise a glass of water to bettering ourselves. Stay hydrated, my friends.