How To Get Your Life Together In 2017

How To Get Your Life Together In 2017

It is actually pretty simple

21
How To Get Your Life Together In 2017

The New Year is a great opportunity to get your life together and on the right track to have the best year possible. Even if you can only do one thing, that is a step up from 2016 and will help you succeed in 2017.

1. Get a calendar/planner

Almost all of us have a calendar on our phones, but having an actual physical calendar can really help, especially if you choose a planner. When I was in jr high and high school, my mom always tried to force me to write in my planner and I hated it. It was probably just because I was being forced to do it and didn't think it would do anything that it didn't work for me back then, but when I got to college, my planner became my best friend. Writing down what I needed to do for each class right after the class before I left made it so I didn't forget as many assignments and when they were due. Having a calendar in my apartment helps me and who I live with know what is going on that month. It is worth the five to thirty dollars.

Here is an underwater dogs calendar on Amazon that will brighten your day for $7.49.

Here is a Tools4Wisdom planner that will keep your life organized for 25.97.

2. Save money

Digit is an amazing, free app for android and apple that will analyze your spending habits and automatically save money when available. The have a no overdraft guarantee and with unlimited transfers if you need to get some of your money back. Then you have some backup money or can treat yourself to a gift with your saved money.

Get it on Google Play or Itunes.

3.Keep track of your stuff

Lost keys, wallet, purse, phone, etc. It happens way more often than it should, but luckily there is a way to fix it. When my sister kept losing her car keys at school, my mom decided it was time to get Tiles . They are these little cards that you can put on your keys, purse, in your wallet, or even on your dog (like my family). You get an app on your phone that makes the little Tile ring so you can find it and it will show a location for it. If you have your keys, but lost your phone, just press the button on the Tile and your phone will ring so you can find it. I know lots of people with them and lots that need them also.

There are a variety of them, but if you just need one for your keys it will cost around $25 directly off their website.

4. Keep your phone charged

Keep missing phone calls from your mom because you spend too much time scrolling through Insta and didn't charge your phone? A lot of college classrooms have chargers for your laptop on the desks and tables, which is really handy for phone charging, but when you are at work and there isn't a charger in sight, what do you do? Pull out your handy portable phone charger. For only 12.99 it will give your phone a nice charge and won't get in the way. Or if you want to splurge the Vava Voom 20 Bluetooth speaker is for you. It is a little more at $49.99, but you can play your cool tunes wirelessly or charge your phone on the go.

5. Stop dropping your phone

Phones are expensive, especially if you are a poor college student. I dropped my phone more than the average person until I put a PopSocket on my phone. My mom was the first one to get one (it made it easier for her to play Pokemon Go with one hand) and I immediately bought one after seeing her's. I just got a new phone and there was no way I was going to let it break. They are only $10 on Amazon with a bunch of cool designs and you can stick it to your phone or favorite case.

6. Start a Journal

Life is hard and there aren't always people to vent your problems to, but a journal is always there to listen. There are apps that you can use to journal, Self- exploration journals and much more. Plus, it is always pretty fun to go back and read through old journals and laugh at yourself for being overdramatic or the way you wrote about old your old crush.

7. Take time for yourself

Maybe you want to binge-watch your favorite Netflix show instead of going out with friends or maybe you are feeling too overwhelmed by your classes and just need to take a mental health day and relax. It is okay. There is no need to feel bad about just taking some time for yourself and doing something you love. Everybody has those days, so they should understand if you just tell them the truth.

8. Exercise

I used to love running and going to the gym, but then I got a really comfortable couch and found some shows I really like on Netflix and that love turned into more of a hate. As busy students and workers, it is hard to find time to workout. Things like going for a run when it is below freezing outside feel completely out of the question, but working out doesn't have to be horrible. Going for a 10-minute walk once a day or doing some relaxing yoga right before bed can make a big difference in the way you feel. Sworkit is a free app for IOS and Android that will walk you through all kinds of exercises if you aren't quite sure where to start.

These are only a couple of ways to help you get your life together with this new year. Setting up a game plan that works for you is the most important thing and if you don't figure out a way that makes it more enjoyable for you, it isn't going to work. We are all busy, but anything is possible. Happy New Year!