12 Hopes I Have For My Best Friends

I see the smiles on my closest friends’ faces, and many thoughts race through my mind. I imagine where the future may take us, and I know that there are many unknowns. I have many hopes and dreams though that I wish they will keep with them no matter where their travels may lead them.

1. I hope you take the time to smell the roses.

Breathe. Take in the world. Do not worry about everything for a second, and just appreciate the environment that surrounds. Look up at the sky, admire the beauty of the clouds, the blue, the sunlight on your face. Do not forget the enchanting setting around you, because it will be there even when it may seem like it is raining on you.

2. I hope you take the time to relax.

Do not stress so much. I know that the world may seem like a complicated mess, but there is so much more than these current struggles. You just have to be patient. The world will do another lap, and our minds will find a silver lining once again.

3. I hope you look in the mirror and see someone you love.

I hope you love who you are, inside and out, just as I do. I hope you look yourself in the eyes, place your hand on the glass, and recognize yourself. I hope you feel determined to continue on. You know yourself best, so you better know all the wonderful details that I know about you.

4. I hope you learn from your mistakes...

Do not simply place yourself in the same painful situations over and over again. I’ve seen you at your lowest points, and I’ve held your hand through them the best that I can. Let’s not make it a regular place to be, because I know you deserve so much better than that darkness.

5. ...And I hope you don't let them hold you down.

Mistakes should not be obsessed over though. Do not make them a part of every single thought in your mind. Let them disappear for periods of time. Let them sink into the back of your mind, not wrecking the happiness that I need you to find.

6. I hope you keep your youth forever in your heart.

When you finally grow up, remember what it feels like to be young. I hope you look back and think about our late night laughter and obsessing about little things that won’t matter years from now. Please, remember our innocence and the beauty we saw in people. Do not become too serious or too wise, because what is the fun in that?

7. I hope you never accept a simple "no."

Ask “Why?” Learn the reasons behind answers and analyze. I hope you do not live so simply that you think “no” is an okay answer. I hope you insist on the “because.”

8. I hope you recognize that no one is good enough for you...

No one will ever be good enough for you, at least in my eyes. I’m not even good enough for you, because you deserve the world, and I can’t give you that. You deserve eternal happiness and constant attention. I don’t believe it’s humanly possible to have that, though.

9. ...But I hope you find someone to love anyway.

Do not push everyone away though if they cannot give you the impossible. I hope you find someone charming, who can make you feel like the center of the universe. I hope that person fills your mind and causes a smile that brightens your soul. I hope your love is a light in your life.

10. I hope you play your favorite song on repeat often.

Close your eyes and listen to the words. Examine why they inspire you, why they catch your attention. I hope you discover what makes you disappear into the stream of beautiful notes. I hope you can dance a little bit, like we did as children.

11. I hope you never give up on your dreams.

Do not forget what makes you who you are, what pushes you to continue every day. Do not dare forget why you wake up every morning, why you do not just give up at the first sight of trouble. Your mind is a powerful force, do not let anything get in its way.

12. I hope you know I love you always.

I hope you do not ever think I am not here for you. Realize I may mess up at times, but I am doing the best that I can to be by your side. I see the light in you, and I only hope to help brighten it, never lower it.

The future is yours, and I hope I can witness your final product. I know great moments will soon arrive. I know these hopes will stay in my heart till the end.