Hope is All You Really Need

Hope is All You Really Need

Morningside College

11
Hope is All You Really Need

Suicide does not get rid of the depression it just passes it on to someone else.

Everyday is hard. I get that believe me I really do understand when you say you want to end your life. But, don't you understand that is not the answer? Suicide is permanent, no turning time back or getting a second chance. Once, you commit suicide its over, your life is over. So, where does that leave everyone else in your life? Your parents and friends are gonna think they caused it and random people that you maybe met once or twice are gonna think about you are random times and wish that they would have tried to help you.

Sometimes you do not give hints. Everyone always says you should have seen the signs and hints they left you. Well sometimes its just in an instant you decide your life is no longer worth saving, and that you are better off not breathing. I have dealt with depression in so many different ways; I suffer from it and my best friend tried to kill herself. Suicide is not the answer and you should always ask for help.

The hardest thing I have ever done in my life, was finding my best friend who tried to commit suicide. She was so out of it and I just could not believe that my best friend would want to end her own life.

We grew up together. Planning out our lives, saying you be in my wedding and I’ll be in your wedding. Our kids would grow up together just like we did. We grew up together, but in that moment I felt like I didn’t even know her. How could the person I spent everyday with for years just one day decide to give up without so much as a warning.

We had so many plans. We wanted to travel the world. Go to all fifty states and then take on the rest of the world together. We had so many plans and in that moment and I felt like my whole world was collapsing and I no longer had plans or thoughts about my life. I felt like it was all being taken away from me, and I had no say and no way to stop it.

She is my person she will always be my person. People always say they have a person and think they know what it means. I always had said she was my person for years before this happened. But, in this moment when I watched her get life flighted, I knew that she was my person and I could not lose her.

Depression. Unless you have dealt with it personally, or know a close friend/family member who has dealt with it, you really have no idea what people with depression are going through. My best friend tried to kill herself. I have battled depression for as long as I can remember. Some days are good while others are not.

Hope. Its hard to have when you feel like your whole world is crashing down around you. Somedays are good others are bad. But in your deepest moments you find that one thing that gives you hope and you hold on to it. Remember that one day you will be happy again. It just may take some time.