15 Essential Tips To Overcoming Senioritis In High School

We're in the homestretch, but we must defeat the treacherous final countdown...

138

Yes, seniors! The eagerly anticipated yet infamously dreaded time has arrived. Second semester.

Most of us have been accepted into colleges/programs, and many of us are committed. Essentially, our motivation to do any and all high school work is long gone, and we are left to mourn that drive we once had.

Unfortunately, however, we cannot entirely throw this semester away without consequence. We risk having our acceptances rescinded, scholarships lost and AP exams failed. So, we scavenge for any remnants of determination.

Coming from someone who's battled finding motivation during certain periods of her high school life, take the following 15 tips to defeating this treacherous final countdown:

1. Go to your local coffee shop (or any public place) to study/do homework.

2. Divide and conquer work (when you can).

3. Treat yo-self often!

4. Set a limit for how many days you'll allow yourself to miss, and STICK TO IT.

5. Listen to energizing music while you work!

6. Remind yourself of the brighter future you're working towards.

7. SLEEP, SLEEP, SLEEP! GET THAT. YOU NEED IT.

8. Stay active in the high school activities that you ENJOY...and stop worrying about the ones you don't.

9. Relish in the last of your high school experiences.

10. Study, but don't study too hard. On another note, party, but don't party too hard.

11. Reward yourself for focusing.

12. Create incentives for maintaining your work ethic.

13. Let some things slide; don't let everything slide.

14. Keep track of your responsibilities with easy reminders.

15. Stay classy, but more importantly, stay caffeinated.