Don't Forget S.O's Love Language This Holiday Season

Don't Forget About Your S.O.'s Love Language This Holiday Season

You might be into finding THE perfect gift for them when all they want is an evening by the fire and telling each other childhood stories.

1246

The holidays are fast approaching! It feels like only last week that we were in October...time sure flies by.

Since it is coming quickly, we all tend to get hung up on the holiday spirit and what makes us happy that we might not think about what our significant other might want. We want to bring joy to our S.O. as much as we can, but we have to remember that they may have a different love language than us.

The 5 love languages are: "Words of Affirmation", "Acts of Service", "Quality Time", "Receiving Gifts", and "Physical Touch". If you take the quiz here, it will ask you some questions and tally out your results as to which language best suits you. This would completely explain why you may argue with your partner about them acting a certain way. It may be a reason that you noticed that you act a certain way.

We tend to get so wrapped up in this time of year that is supposed to be about giving, and yet it is one of the most stressful times of the year. So I want you to take the time to think back to what you love about this person. Think about what do THEY love. What would they actually enjoy? Bigger does not necessarily mean better.

Every couple is different, so please do not compare gifts with other couples either. That is a means for disaster.

Also, do not forget that the giving does not end on December 25! You can be wonderful and giving all year-round.

I understand it can be challenging sometimes, but who said relationships were easy? You two are responsible for each other on keeping each other happy within the relationship, and that includes responding to what attracts them—responding to their love language.

So remember that this holiday season as you're shopping for gifts, planning trips and making memories at the house. The holiday season won't be so joyful if your special someone is not at their all-time high just because of some miscommunication.