How To Help Hinge Donate $15k To The LGBTQ Community For Pride Month

If you asked anyone pre-quarantine what they thought about FaceTime first dates, they likely would have said "no thank you." But now, as digital dating takes romantic possibilities to a new level, Hinge is donating money to the LGBTQ community in honor of Pride Month for every digital date you go on. That's right, you can help the dating app donate up to $15,000 by simply going on a digital date with a match during the month of June.

"Through June 30, Hinge will donate $1 to SAGE on behalf of users for each digital date that is reported through the app's 'We Met' survey, up to $15,000," Justin McLead, Hinge Founder and CEO, shared. "Hinge is built on creating love and meaningful connection for everyone, and it's important to us to combat discrimination, exclusion, and isolation. We're proud to be partnering with SAGE for Pride month to support the LGBTQ elders who paved the way for the progress of today."

SAGE is a non-profit organization offering advocacy and services for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender older adults, so when you're connecting with dates during these unprecedented times as we wait for everything to go back to "normal," you can give back! While also putting in the extra effort to preserve our relationships in whatever way possible.

Of course, dating can be fun but also intimidating. There are a plethora of people one can meet online. However, not everyone gets lucky in the dating scene. For example, LGBTQ elders are still twice as likely to be single and alone. In a recent Hinge study, a majority of LGBTQ users shared that "using the app has been helpful with fighting feelings of loneliness or isolation, especially by being able to message others. Dating apps would not be able to serve as a digital gathering place for queer singles to openly connect with each other without the historic commitment to inclusion by LGBTQ elders."

In a press release, SAGE CEO, Micheal Adams, emphasized that "this partnership will highlight the importance of social connection for LGBTQ older people and reminds us that older people in our communities are resilient and refuse to be invisible — especially in these tough times."

So, whether you're already on Hinge or want to download it for a quick digital date to give back this Pride Month, now's your shot. Love is love, after all — whether we're in a pandemic or not.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.