best dating apps 2018
Dating

Hinge Is The Best Dating App Out There, And It's Going To Blow Up Soon

This is *NOT* a sponsored post.

599
Josh Rose

Alright, dating apps like Tinder and Bumble are cool to mess around with. However, the complaints about both of them are the same, the quality of the people on them are kind of questionable. With Hinge, these issues go away thanks to the crazy constraints it has.

So let's break down the two apps I am comparing Hinge to.

Let's start with the classic dating app Tinder.

Tinder's simplicity makes it very popular with anyone. Simply link your Facebook and Instagram to your profile, and from there, start swiping. You get one super like every 24 hours, and if you upgrade to Tinder's paid subscription, you get unlimited swipes. There are no restraints to anyone who can signup other than you have to be 18, which of course you can guess people just lie about their age and they're on the app.

The issues are pretty obvious here, so let's move on to Bumble.

Bumble pretty much has the same features as Tinder, only the difference is if you match with a girl, the girl has to message first or else the match goes away. Of course, the social stigma of a girl messaging a guy first is still in place in society, so the amount of Bumble users is still lower compared to Tinder. The security side of Bumble is better than Tinder as you can verify your account, but you'll find many underage people on the app still.

Now, what makes Hinge better than the rest of these apps? Allow me to explain.

So in Tinder and Bumble, if you're swiping on someone, you're swiping on their entire profile. With Hinge, you only swipe on one thing on their profile. It could be a picture or video they posted, a pre-designated question that the app allows you to answer, or it could be anything else on the profile, doing this means you can pick something individual about the person you like, and that person is more likely to respond because it's a small detail about the person.

Also, since you have to make your profile as detailed as possible, this may kick out people setting up bot profiles on the site due to the fact it's a tedious setup just to get the profile up in the first place. This small security measure means you know the people you're potentially talking to are in fact real people.

Considering all of this, the quality of people on the app are much higher than the other two apps mentioned because you actually have to mention details about yourself on Hinge.

Yes, it sounds like a whole other dating app, but honestly, you never know how good something is unless you try. I downloaded Hinge just to try it out and honestly, I will probably not go back to Tinder and Bumble. This is NOT a sponsored post, I am just writing this because it's actually a good app, and I honestly I had nothing else better to write about.