High School Seniors, You've Got Two More Months

You only have two more months.

208

There are only two months of school left. Your last two months of senior year. Your last two months of high school. What are you going to do to make these the most memorable months? Here’s what you shouldn’t do — don't stress about the little things because they aren’t going to matter in two months. Don’t waste your last days. These last days should be filled with many memories that you should enjoy because this time will never come again.

You are not going to remember the bad grade you got on your test or the time you only received half credit on your homework. You don’t want to remember fighting with your friends or parents. You want to remember the funny moments in class, lunch with your friends, sporting events, prom, your senior night, and the biggest event of them all — graduation day. These are the memories you’re going to remember and share when you reminisce about high school.

Whatever you do, cherish these last moments. Go to class, appreciate school lunches, and enjoy seeing your friends in the hall during passing period. Spend time with your family. I promise you, you will miss them so much when you aren’t with them. These last two months fly by so fast and you honestly won’t even have time to think about it.

You are probably ready to leave and senioritis is probably hitting everyone really hard. But it’s going to really hit you when you pick up your cap and gown, get your yearbooks, and go to your last high school rally. Then you’ll realize it when you’re going through graduation rehearsal. And then before you know it, you've already walked on that stage and got your diploma. And then you’ll think to yourself — after 3 months of summer, you won’t be coming back to this football field or auditorium.

And you will never be with these same people again.

You’ll say your goodbyes to various people throughout the summer, and then somehow all your stuff is packed up in the car or your suitcases, and your room is decorated, and your parents have left. You truly realize it the morning after sleeping in your dorm for the first time that a new chapter of your life has started.

You will finally start college, which is a great experience of its own. But seriously, don’t forget to make your senior year count because you will never get it back.