High school: A Pivotal Time

High school: A Pivotal Time

I am so blessed to have found "my people"

27
High school: A Pivotal Time
Meghan Horrell

High school was the best and worst four years of my life, and I both found myself loving and hating every year of it. I can admit that I had grown a lot throughout my time in school, and made a lot of mistakes along the way. I had even made friends with people who weren’t necessarily “bad” people, but they were bad for me and even hindered my self-growth.

High school is a pivotal time where we all are supposed to find ourselves, and I truly think I did with a lot of help along the way. I can honestly say that I went through some rock bottom low points because of the negative “friends” I thought I had, but I can proudly say that the group I graduated with has helped me become who I am today. This article is for them with much love as we all go our separate ways. I thank each of you so much because at the end of the day, you’re some of the most important people in my life.

Senior year was undoubtedly the best year of my life (so typical I know), I felt as though I was on top of the world; almost invincible. I had the best friends I had ever had, and life was truly amazing senior year was the most amazing thing and I desperately miss it. My friends, however, can receive all of the credit in the world for making this the best year, and experiencing every second of it with me. This past year of high school was spent every day with the five most amazing people who are some of the best people in my life. These five people helped me to realize that not every friend I have will stab me in the back or even make other people hate me because I didn’t agree with what they said. These people helped me develop into a stronger independent woman, because they helped me realize that it’s okay to be the who you’re supposed to be every day. They helped me understand the importance of relationships, and the willingness to drop everything to be there for someone else. My friends are my family, and as we’ve all moved into our new schools I miss them more than ever before.

For anyone out there reading this who may be struggling with who they are, and the friends that they’ve made DON’T BE SCARED TO CHANGE! Friends will come and go, and honestly the ones who go are not ones who you will ever need. I am a strong believer in “everything happens for a reason” so if they leave let them! I promise that you will meet people who will give you love, and endless friendship. I can say that as a girl who would follow the lead of a “mean girl” just to have friends once you let the negativity go you will become so much happier! I cannot express how much I love and appreciate everything I have been given, and how much has been done for me by my friends, my second family; I miss you all and I will be seeing you soon.