11 Pro Tips To Stay Organized This Summer

Life is hectic, so organization is a lifesaver.

168
msecnd.net

Whether school is in session or not, chances are you're working, interning, or taking summer classes, so organization is-pretty much- always key. Organization will make every aspect of your professional life better and run a lot smoother as you know where you need to be, with what, and when you need to be there. Even Benjamin Franklin knew the importance of organization when he said, “Those who fail to plan, plan to fail!” Therefore, in hopes of staying on top of appointments and deadlines, here are some things to help keep you moving upwards because regardless of what you’re doing this time of year, or, even, year-round, in order to be successful one must truly filter and sort each aspect of themselves, set sights on a goal, devise a plan of action, and organize their work ethic and time around that goal. Thus, here are some easy ways to keep you on track for success.

1. A solid planner

Write EVERYTHING down! A good planner is pretty affordable, and is essential to anyone studying or working. Maybe even add it to your phone calendar as well...

2. Colorful binders/files

Keep every paper you have neatly organized in a file, or binder. Whether by subject matter or color codes, don't interchange work papers/ projects with to-do lists.

3. Buy a real alarm clock

Chances are you use your phone-yes, even I'm guilty sometimes- but invest in a quality alarm clock that will make you excited about waking up early even in the summer, so put your favorite song as your wake up tone.

4. Packed lunch

Pack your lunch, gives you more down time during your lunch hour, and your wallet will thank you.

5. Stick to a schedule

Yes it's summer, but you still need to be regimented with a schedule you can easily stick to regardless of time of year or workload.

6.Exercise

Working out will make you feel accomplished, accelerate your metabolism, and give you a rewarding feeling to carry you through the day.

7. Sleep

Rest is important, you won't function properly if you're lacking a good night's sleep.

8. Study or work in multiple places

Don't stay in one place for too long while working-you owe yourself a change of scenery.

9. Eat vegetables/fruit

They'll make you feel better and help you have more natural energy.

10. Cut back on caffeine

Put down the Venti Starbucks cup, it's not finals week anymore, and you're body will thank you even if you need caffeine in an IV. You will live, don't worry.

11. Don't get burned out

It's summer, so enjoy it. Even if you need money or experience hours, take some time off to enjoy summer, so you're not totally exhausted when fall rolls around. Trust me, you've earned it.