Help! I'm a Teenager And No One Understands Me

Teenage angst blows.

119
Decider.com

Originally, I planned on writing this article as sort of journal entry, because I know you all love to read about other peoples’ problems - I get it. Unfortunately, just my luck, I forgot to buy balloons, so I guess my pity party will have to be postponed - shucks.

Instead of rambling on about advice I honestly have no credentials to provide, I’m just here to remind all you teens you’re not alone. It must sound pretty lame, huh? But it’s true - I promise you.

Parents suck, school is stressful, friends are annoying, rooms are messy, and acne is a killer. I don’t get enough sleep or I sleep too much. I don’t eat enough or I eat too much. I’m arrogant or I’m insecure. It just feels as if nothing is ever good enough, you know?

We’re at that awkward middle point between childhood and adulthood, and while parents and age requirements are holding you back it also seems that society is simultaneously pushing you forward. I cannot stress enough how far away college seems but at the same time how quickly it’s approaching. It’s as if we’re in some weird time warp thing where all we want to do is hate everything; it kind of sucks, if I’m being quite honest.

Look at me, lying to you like that - I said I was postponing the pity party. Well, watcha gonna do? I’m a lying, angsty, rebellious teen, and right now, I’ve decided to own it.