My Heart Says Cannoli, My Body Says Kale

What is missed when you change your eating habits

28
Bkacontent.com

Life, the time to drink happy, eat happy, and love happy.

While this sounds amazing in theory, it's 2016 and eating happy no longer includes eating what makes you happy rather it's about what makes your body happy. Two completely different things I have come to find out. As much as I would like to stuff my face with all of my favorites, I have returned to my better eating habits not because we as a society have this warped idea that skinny is the only beautiful but, because I’m diabetic and wouldn’t like to die anytime soon. For all those working out and maintaining a strict diet, here’s the things I’m sure we are all craving.

Carbs

And not the good kind that is great for energy to burn into a bang ass bod. No! I’m talking about breads, pastas, cannolis… basically everything Italian and delicious you’d love to sink your teeth into. Instead, find a lovely Italian man. They are just as good as the carbs you can’t have. I would assume, I haven’t met one yet…. again yet is the keyword here.

Sugars

I can only assume when God created me I was literally made to consume sugar. If it’s a dessert I will eat it. If it has chocolate, I will eat it. I mean if it’s food I’ll eat it, but sugar is like heaven. I can imagine heaven being this great big cloud garden with sugar that I can throw around like confetti and make it rain. ALL THE SUGAR PEOPLE. ALL THE SUGAR. Being diabetic does not help curb my addiction and if my doctors are reading this… I’m sorry…

Junk Food

Whenever I go to the movies I want ALL the snacks. I love nachos. I mean it just makes sense. I love chewy sweet tarts and all the other yummy candies, but most of all I just want the popcorn. And not the Boom Chicka Pop that I eat because it’s super healthy. No, the movie theater popcorn popped in lard covered with loads and loads of butter and movie theater salt. You have to use tons and tons of napkins just to wipe your hands off. And I drink water to feel some kind of healthy—redundant I know. Don’t even get me started on southern food like biscuits and Zaxby’s.

Alcohol

I am a cocktail connoisseur. I love a Tom Collins and don’t get me started on white wine and champagne. While these are all delicious, they contain a ridiculous amount of sugar and calories. At that point I could just pick up a donut instead of drinking my calories. But I won't, I will still drink my favorites sparingly, because life is short and wine was created by the big man himself. Let me hear it for God!!!

While I eat my proteins and drink my smoothies, I will look longingly over to those who are enjoying life on the good side. The butter eating, cake loving side of life. And then remind myself to live a little and eat ONE not ALL the cannoli. Whoever said diamonds are a girl’s best friend, obviously never had good food.